Complaint Review: Student Consulting Group

• Reported By: Esa — Tucson Arizona United States of America
Student Consulting Group
777 S Harbour Island Blvd Ste 280 Internet United States of America

Student Consulting Group SCG, Univeristy of One Deceptive Practices, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Client signed and verbally agreed to service agreement

Needing assistance with my student loan, I contacted this group and spoke with Tom who assured me that Student Consulting Group, (aka SCG, University of One, www.fixmystudentloan.com, www.defaultloanhelp.com) could help for the cost of $75.00.

This was in November of 2012. Tom told me that the paperwork would take awhile and that I probably wouldn't hear from anyone til mid January.

I received a call on 1/22/13 telling me that a payment of $75.00 was due and that I had signed a contract for $395.00.  Fortunately, I had printed the original contract that I had signed and there was no mention of a total of $395.00.  Only $75.00.  When I go to look at the electronic copy of the contract, it shows additional pages and changes with my electronic signature included.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Student-Consulting-Group/internet/Student-Consulting-Group-SCG-Univeristy-of-One-Deceptive-Practices-Internet-1001172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Student Consulting Group

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Client signed and verbally agreed to service agreement

AUTHOR: Student Consulting Group - (United States of America)

"Esa" contacted our company and voluntarily hired our company to help consolidate her federal student loans.  She enrolled on 11/29/12 with a down payment of $75.00.  "Esa's" total service fee was $395.00.  She had setup two recurring payments of $160.00 to be draw from her account on the scheduled dates of 1/22/13 and 2/22/13.  All this was drawn up in the original service agreement that "Esa" signed and initialed on 11/29/12.

The work that "Esa" hired our organization for was set to complete on 1/25/13, but she has refused to pay for the remaining service fee.  We started all the work with her loans with just her initial down payment, in hopes that she would make good on the scheduled payment dates.  "Esa" failed to make any satisfactory efforts on her account so it has since been paused till the account is brought up to date.

We keep all electronically signed service agreements and can be provided for review.  Thank you