Complaint Review: Sun America, LLC

Sun America, LLC aka Go Green Solar Products of little value Phoenix, Arizona

*General Comment: 1,400 installations of Fafco

*Consumer Comment: Sun City Lies and Overcharges

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: SunAmerica Solar Rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: azsunamerica not a ripoff!

azSunAmerica, LLC.
4114 East Indian School Rd., Ste. 1
Phoenix, Arizona 85018
aka Sun america Solar

aka Go Green solar

I worked as a salesman for this Company for over a year.

After learning the truth about the poor value of the products I was selling, I had to move on. My clients never took the time to research the products. If they did they would have found out the deal was way over priced! The solar systems SRCC rating is a joke.

The Aeroseal can work only if installed correctly, but usually with these guys it is not. I urge the few that do find this before they shove the product down your throat. Research research research, you likely will save $5000! and own better products!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2009 11:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-America-LLC/Phoenix-Arizona-85018/Sun-America-LLC-aka-Go-Green-Solar-Products-of-little-value-Phoenix-Arizona-504921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun America, LLC

#1 General Comment

1,400 installations of Fafco

AUTHOR: Pete B - (United States of America)

I would sure like to see that customer list to do a comprehensive follow up and documentation of all those 1,400 installations of Fafco Solar Hot Water systems not just one or two selected systems.

Sun City Lies and Overcharges

AUTHOR: Stormy Rose - (United States of America)

I understand why the employee left and wish I had been wiser sooner.

One article Sun City charged me over $1,000 could be purchased and installed for $300. I was told when signing the contract that it was a free piece. The amount was never subtracted from my account. The amount of electricity difference has been absolutely minimal. Not anywhere near what was said it would be and I have found the hard way, that this is a waste of money.

I was a complaining customer, but then just got ignored and contacts never returned. I finally just gave up. There are lots more negatives out there besides the wise employee that they are trying to call a disgruntled employee.

If I could get some return contact from them, some subtraction of the $1,000 that should have never been charged, if I could see some professional behavior from this company, I might be able to give different feedback.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

SunAmerica Solar Rebuttal

AUTHOR: JamesF - (United States of America)

As I suspect is fairly obvious to anyone reading this submission, it has been filed by a disgruntled former employee. Let me address specifically the issues that he has attempted to raise:

1. The quality of our product (its SRCC rating). Below are three links to the Solar Rating Certification Corporation (SRCC) directory.  As you can see for yourself, the SRCC ratings of the Fafco solar panels installed by SunAmerica have an extremely impressive efficiency ratings. This is the primary reason that we choose to install this particular product.

The SRCC Directory: (((Redacted)))

The two products we sell:

2. Clearly his remarks imply an integrity issue. I'll be the first to acknowledge that it is nearly impossible for a company to serve as many customers as ours does without ever having a complaint.  The crux of the matter is how a company responds to these complaints to satisfy its customers. I believe we do this well as is evidenced by the fact that with over 1,400 installations we have no complaints with the BBB or Registrar of Contractors.  See links to both below.

When we do receive complaints from customers, we immediately respond by having a technician, and if necessary the operations manager, go to the customer's home to assess the potential causes and in all cases strive to restore the customer's satisfaction.

3. Relative to our pricing, to our knowledge we offer these products at the most competitive price in the marketplace.  Certainly there are lower grade alternatives that in our view do not compare in quality, performance or warranty and are not backed by a company that has been manufacturing solar systems since 1969. This is a value estimation that anyone considering our products must make independently.

4. Regarding the Aeroseal installation quality, as the first and only franchisee of the Carrier Aeroseal process, SunAmerica has thousands of satisfied customers that have enjoyed its benefits and no unresolved complaints lodged by any of these customers.

azsunamerica not a ripoff!

AUTHOR: On the otherside - (United States of America)

azsunamerica has over 1,200 systems installed in phoenix yet the only complaint comes from a disgruntled ex-employee. Isn't it funny that for a company selling a product "that can only work if installed correctly but usually with these guys it is not" there is only one person calling it a ripoff? where's all the unhappy customers? It looks like all we have is an unhappy former employee. Had to move on? really? It doesn't sound like you moved on.