Complaint Review: Swift Transportation

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2009

• Reported By:Gurdon Arkansas
Swift Transportation
7965 Veterans Parkway, Suite 107 Millington, Tennessee U.S.A.

Swift Driving Academy; Swift Transportation abuses their drivers--I refused to drive an illegal load over hours Millington Tennessee

I am appauled that Swift remains in business! I QUIT, but later regretted it because the money was descent--but I would have been fired anyway because I refused to drive an illegal load and was repeatedly asked to drive, violating the federal 11-hour rule. Now, for you seasoned truckers, I may sound like a wimp--but you are alive today because you knew when to park your rig! I left Swift over an this incident and moved onto a new company.

Things where great until my mother became ill, forcing me to come off the road. She died and my 86 year-old father asked me to stay off the road and help him with things--I relocated to Arkansas, home of his youth.

I had NO intention of forfeiting my CDL and actually fully intend to return to the road when my father no longer needs me--but I do not want to dish out another $3K to get back out there! When I left Swift, I paid my tuition in full!

Now, the state of Arkansas tells me that as of May 20, 2009, my CDL will be no good. I spoke with Horace (you all remember him; the older black gentlemen who seemed to run things while we were in class--he was there on the first day and perhaps the last), told me that Swift has done nothing wrong and they have filed an appeal--well of course! They are trying to skirt out of their responsiblity to the public and us--we are consumers who paid for a product and now we are being told that our product is not viable. I want my money back! At THE, I mean THE, very least, I want them to compensate me for the cost of a refresher, rig, and testing fees!

Does anyone think I'm crazy! I've already repsponded to the gentlemen that is considering a class-action suit! I'm with him 100%!!!!

Sincerely,

Arkansas consumer
Gurdon, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2009 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Swift-Transportation/Millington-Tennessee-38053/Swift-Driving-Academy-Swift-Transportation-abuses-their-drivers-I-refused-to-drive-an-i-417874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Swift Transportation