Complaint Review: Symantec- Antivirus Enterprise Ed

• Updated: Mon, November 19, 2007

• Reported By:Garretson South Dakota
Symantec- Antivirus Enterprise Ed
symantec.com Internet U.S.A.

Symantec- Antivirus Enterprise Ed Horrible Customer Service, refund, non contact Internet

So yea, I purchased a new license for Norton Anti virus for a small business. Well, after days of nothing but problems, we decided to consult with an outside IT service. They made it very clear that they HATE symantec and advised us to switch to Trend Micro. So we did. I called symantec and requested a refund. They agreed to refund and all was well....

About two days later I received a call from Symantec wanting a serial number or order number from the Trend Micro product so that they may process my refund. I did not have that information just yet, so asked if I could call them back the next day...

I thought it was too damn easy, because now its been two weeks. I have called their number the customer service rep gave me numerous times. Ever since the first call I have been disconnected, hung up on, transferred, and told to call another number. Aside from the lack of English speaking employees, I am completely PI**ED off at the customer service!!

As I sit here typing up this report, I look at the clock and it has been exactly 2.5 HOURS since I have have started trying to contact someone...ANYONE...who can just take this damn serial number and I can get my refund. I have been on constant hold for the last 45 mins. I feel REALLY sorry for anyone who has an actual emergency issue with this product, because I highly doubt it will be resolved within this next year.

Thank god for credit cards. I always have the fall back of filing FRAUD on this transaction. Which is looking to be a very good possibility pretty damn soon.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND STEARING AWAY FROM ANY SYMANTEC PRODUCTS, because you WILL be on your own maintaining it!

Twister
Garretson, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2007 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Symantec-Antivirus-Enterprise-Ed/internet/Symantec-Antivirus-Enterprise-Ed-Horrible-Customer-Service-refund-non-contact-Internet-285390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Symantec- Antivirus Enterprise Ed