Complaint Review: Synapse Group, Inc

• Submitted: Thu, January 12, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 12, 2012

• Reported By: hannah — Erie Pennsylvania United States of America
Synapse Group, Inc
225 High Ridge Road, East Building Stamford, Stamford, Connecticut United States of America

Synapse Group, Inc Company offers "free trial" of magazines through FYE saying that after 3 months you will be notified for renewal no notifications are sent and they keep charging your credit card number Stamford, Connecticut

When making a perchance from the store FYE I was given the offer to a free three month trial of Rolling Stone magazine.  I was told that after the three months I would be given the choice to continue of not and this would come in the mail as a notification.  A notification never came and my credit card was charged.

My bank said that they were unable to do anything about this and I was told to contact Rolling Stone.  I called the Rolling Stone customer service and was told that they were also unable to do anything because my account was through a privet group called Synapse Group, Inc.  I then called Synapse Group, Inc and was unable to talk to a real person about anything.  The automated service only give 5 options and none of them include canceling, or requesting refunds, or talking to customer service.

I called my bank once again and explained everything.  After I insisted they gave me a refund and are sending me a new card (for a second time because of this group continues to make charges to my card.) I was only refunded for only one subscription. Also Rolling Stone was notified about all that was going on because my bank sent them a letter. For everyone else that this is happening to, don't give up and keep calling your bank.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2012 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Synapse-Group-Inc/Stamford-Connecticut-06905/Synapse-Group-Inc-Company-offers-free-trial-of-magazines-through-FYE-saying-that-after-821837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Synapse Group, Inc