Complaint Review: TCF Bank

• Reported By: Long — Brooklyn Park Minnesota United States of America
TCF Bank
www.tcfbank.com Internet United States of America

TCF Bank Monthly maintaince fee $9.95 is a rip off Internet

*Consumer Comment: rcroadrider...sounds like the solution to everything!

*General Comment: Notification of fee changes

*Consumer Comment: I'm still trying to find

*Consumer Comment: In their agreement with their customers....

TCF has been taken monthly maintaince fee from me for at least 6 months now and they didn't notify me about this change before, this is redicilous. I would like the money back because I feel it is a rip off

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2012 05:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/internet/TCF-Bank-Monthly-maintaince-fee-995-is-a-rip-off-Internet-924086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank

rcroadrider...sounds like the solution to everything!

AUTHOR: Raymond M. - (USA)

That will teach TCF! And because that solution is so reasonably thought out, it would be a better world if everyone would only exercise that same recourse. Obviously, rcroadrider, you'll diligently accept the same reproach directed at yourself from other's when they feel inconvenienced, real or perceived.

Have you ever thought of running for president, rcroadrider? We'd be well under way to total utopia. Oh wait...that endeavor is already claimed.

55+, and he actually admits this mindset.

#2 General Comment

Notification of fee changes

AUTHOR: rcroadrider - (United States of America)

I had a year and a half of fees taken out. 995 a month. I never looked at the account as it was for emergency use only when I winter down in Arizona. I had online banking and did not recieve any email. I also discovered that there was no email address on file in the online banking profile .  How that happened I have no idea. I have changed to total free checking and paper statements. I had 55+ free checking when I opened the account, which had no service charges at the time. I will let Tcf send me paper statements till I die, with minimal money in the account. In the end they will end up losing way more, just on postage ,not counting paper and labor.

I'm still trying to find

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

where is the notice which says team rebutt will and must rebutt every report????? I can't see where the OP asked for advice, and no that does not give team rebutt the right to rebutt.

In their agreement with their customers....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

banks have a provision allowing them to change account terms.  Customers are notified with a mailing insert or e-mail is electronic account.

That little folded insert with your bill a few months ago would have advised you of this.
Your continued use of the account was your agreement to the new terms.

ALL banks have this proviso, otherwise they could make no changes even when "needed."

I do wonder why it took you 6 months to disccover this charge...you really should have noticed this if you carefully reconciled your account each month.

This is NOT a ripoff.

No, I DON'T work for them OR the banking industry.

Baker