Complaint Review: TWX Magazine Subscription Service

• Submitted: Fri, July 11, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 11, 2008

• Reported By:Eaton Rapids Michigan
TWX Magazine Subscription Service
6125 65th Ave N Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

TWX Magazine Subscription Service Unauthorized charges on my credit card Minneapolis Minnesota

On June 24, 2008 a $44.95 charge was made by TWX Subscription Service on my credit card. I had seen this last year, but assumed that it was a renewal to TIME magazine that one of my kids had made. And this made sense, since the reference on the card statement said "TWX*TIME MAGAZINE 800-843-TIME NY". But after asking all family members, I determined that no such phone renewal was made, and that in fact this was not a legit TIME magazine renewal.

I found this website and the phone number given, and called. I got the recorded message, that eventually cancelled my subscription, but said my refund would only be $1.59. Then it tried to sell me 2 or 3 other magazines. I finally pressed "0", and was told that the customer service dept was opened 7 days a week from 8 AM to 6 PM, but that it was now closed. It was 3 PM on a Friday!

Now I figure this company is not only unscrupulous, but is also scamming a lot of people. I am going to notify my credit card company of the incorrect charge, and let them duke it out.

By the way, the web site states that once you subscribe, you will automatically be renewed each year, but ONLY AFTER you receive a notice in the mail and a chance to cancel. I never received any notification.

I would think that big magazines like TIME would want to put this unprofessional company out of business.

Rayman57
Eaton Rapids, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2008 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazine-Subscription-Service/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55429/TWX-Magazine-Subscription-Service-Unauthorized-charges-on-my-credit-card-Minneapolis-Minne-350163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazine Subscription Service