Complaint Review: The Auto & Tire Doctor, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, November 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, December 13, 2008

• Reported By:Truckee California
The Auto & Tire Doctor, Inc.
12000 Pioneer Trail Truckee, California U.S.A.

The Auto And Tire Doctor, Inc. The Auto & Tire Doctor made me SICK! Single mother RIPPED OFF! Truckee California

*Author of original report: The Auto & Tire Doctor dispute resolved

I took my vehicle to this place to have my studded snow tires mounted, since I purchased them there.
Later that afternoon, I received a call from the owner (John Lamoreux) telling me that I really needed to replace my front brakes. I told him I had just had my brakes inspected 4 weeks earlier, and my regular mechanic told me I still had 25%-35% pad left, but told him to go ahead and change them since the car was already at the shop.
When I went to pick my car up, my bill was $623! This "RIP-OFF" shop put front loaded calipers and rotors on my car without my knowledge, nor my permission.
As of today, the owner (John) has offered me $250 credit, but this is unsatisfactory considering the work was never requested, nor authorized.
I fully intend to pursue legal action against them, and will also file complaints with any applicable consumer reporting agency in an attempt to get the word out.
This guy even tried to lie and tell me after the fact that he had informed me what work needed to be done. This was AFTER Bob Deblasi (Service Writer/Parts Manager) had already called to offer me $200 credit for unauthorized work on the car.
I have cell phone records, as well as a phone witness who was conferenced in when Bob called to offer the credit. This witness is the former manager of a Tire/Auto Repair shop where my vehicles were serviced for years.
John attempted to tell me on the telephone that he informed me of the parts when we spoke the day of this issue, but that is a bold faced lie.
I am a 41 year old single mother who has had brakes replaced before. I resent the fact that John has implied that I am not only deaf, but absolutely stupid. I hold a professional position with large local bank, and I have not supported two children by myself for years by being completely ignorant.
My witness has attempted to resolve the issue by speaking with John on multiple occasions, but John is not offering any solution that is realistic considering what he did to me.

Truckee, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2008 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Auto-Tire-Doctor-Inc/Truckee-California-96161/The-Auto-And-Tire-Doctor-Inc-The-Auto-Tire-Doctor-made-me-SICK-Single-mother-RIPPED-O-395463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Auto & Tire Doctor, Inc.

The Auto & Tire Doctor dispute resolved

AUTHOR: Kris w. - (U.S.A.)

After filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, The Auto & Tire Doctor have now issued me a full refund.