Complaint Review: The Loan Consultants, The International Loan Consultants

• Submitted: Wed, December 06, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 20, 2012

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
The Loan Consultants, The International Loan Consultants
4201 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 501 Los Angeles, California 90010 Toronto, Ontario Canada

The Loan Consultants, The International Loan Consultants DVD shows large busy office with 3 secretaries-In reality its a 10'x10' Rm, with desk and 3 chairs. Toronto Ontario

*Consumer Comment: same company

*Consumer Comment: The Loan Consultants on Wilshire in LA

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: signed up

*Consumer Comment: price vs. quality

*Consumer Comment: nice try...

*Consumer Comment: have you tried..

*Consumer Suggestion: Avoid dealing with this company

*Consumer Comment: Waste of time

*Consumer Comment: I was on a payment plan too

*Consumer Comment: Extreme Rip off warning

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Mr. Burnett

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Art, Toronto, Ontario (Loan Consultants)

The Company initially wanted $14,800. Then they offered payment plans. Then they offered discounts. Then they offered me the course for shy of $8,000...and I could bring a 2nd person for free.

They tell you how "EASY" this business will be, and that you can make up to $175,000 yr. They tell you they have over 900 affiliates. Once they get your money, they tell you how difficult this industry is, and they tell you you cannot have the names of the 900 affiliates. ( I think they are afraid of a class action against them. ) They give you a manual on a CD that is full of spelling mistakes and grammar errors.

I advise all to go to their local bank and describe what they are about to pay for to a commercial banker. This company is not representing themselves honestly.

Their free DVD shows a large office environment with 3 busy secretaries. When I got to Toronto, I met their rep. in a 10'x10' room with a desk and 3 chairs.

The company that debited my credit card is from Vancouver, and both Visa and I are trying to locate this phantom office of theirs.(the ph. number goes to some immigration office)

I hope I can save some of you the time and money I wasted with these dishonest folks. I will work hard to post on all consumer web sites.

Art
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2006 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Loan-Consultants-The-International-Loan-Consultants/Toronto-Ontario-M5J2N8/The-Loan-Consultants-The-International-Loan-Consultants-DVD-shows-large-busy-office-with-224089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Loan Consultants, The International Loan Consultants

same company

AUTHOR: I have been F>>>ED - (USA)

i think its the same company. but they are very close to being out of business. at least i think they are.

The Loan Consultants on Wilshire in LA

AUTHOR: BD - (United States of America)

I used the The Loan Consultants of LA many years ago when it's primary focus was on residential mortgages and paid about $ 5000 at the time.  I received good training on how to stack a file and what forms to use, but most importantly, I was skeptical about getting funding sources the first few days and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of funding sources for both mortgages and business loans.

The office and training at the time was a whole floor of a nice building close to Beverly Hills, so I am wondering if there are different companies using similar names.  I am based in Indiana, and have made my investment back many times over from the initial investment.  Still broker loans from time to time as opportunity presents, and the Loan Consultants still provide support.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

signed up

AUTHOR: Juggs 23 - (Canada)

i signed up for this training and pay in full. when i had to leave for a family emergency, they wouldn't give me a refund!

price vs. quality

AUTHOR: LuseeLu - (USA)

$14,800 is a small price for what you get back.

nice try...

AUTHOR: paintra1n - (USA)

So can I ask, "Art," why are you filing this rebuttal with a different user name? Because if you were using the same login name, it would say "Update" and not "Ex-Employee" in big red letters to the right of your recent statement.

On top of that, I see you recently changed your name to John and moved from Ontario, Canada, to "Upland, USA," as Ripoffreport shows above your most recent post.

Though you may be a "real person," I have no doubt that your whole report is fake as well as the defaming statements you have made within it.

have you tried..

AUTHOR: johndub - (USA)

calling them and asking very nicely?

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Avoid dealing with this company

AUTHOR: Bridgette - (Canada)

To avoid dealing with this company and paying them $2000 an hour, look at the relevant topic on ComplaintsBoard - it has all of the necessary information that you would need to do this yourself and then some. These people don't deserve a dime, much less thousands of dollars. We need to put a stop to this here and now.

Waste of time

AUTHOR: Bridgette - (Canada)

They charge you RIDICULOUS fees for information that is freely available online. Once they have your money, they end all communication with you - 6 months later, I still have not heard anything back about the $4509.99 they owe me.. I will not give up until I get my money back.

I was on a payment plan too

AUTHOR: eelino74 - (USA)

The initial agreement was $8000 over 12 months, I had given them my credit card information to authorize $289.90 every 2 weeks and then withdraw it 2 days from the day of the authorization. Little did I realize, they had something else planned for my CC. Long story short, my account was overdrafted SEVEN times by these people and they still claim I owe them money. This is completely ridiculous, someone PLEASE help us fight back!!

Extreme Rip off warning

AUTHOR: Bbb - (U.S.A.)

The Loan Consultants is a major rip off. I know this for a fact. They calim they have solutions for the credit crunch and untapped markets. The incredible tech is someone elses product. The marketing help is letters form two decades ago with lots of misspelling and no intelligence. The untapped markets are so crowded that you could not elbow your way in. How do I know? I am a victim and every day I am reminded of how these people lied in my face and after they got my money, they told me to go to Wells Fargo and Chase bank. Now isn't that worth $12000.

Watch out for this name to not be in business for long, as the number of lawsuits gather steam.

#11 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Mr. Burnett

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Dear Mr. Burnett. Thank you for your not so prompt response. My claims are far from "bogus" though I find the use of such a juvenile term interesting from someone who claims to have a law degree from Georgetown University. The Loan Consultants are full of inconsistencies and I find it laughable that any of my investment was subsidized by any of your lenders, considering that hardly any of the lenders you provided even know who the Loan Consultants are.

Secondly, I did a Google search on your name and while I cannot prove this yet. There seems to be a Kirby Burnett that worked for a vending machine company called Antares that scammed people out of million of dollars.

I'm presently in the process of contacting Jim Parsons of channel 4 news in Pennsylvania to verify it is the same person, but how many persons are named Kirby? Finally, it's really amazing how he recognizes me as a legitimate member of their program in the first part of his response and by the end he is questioning if I'm a "Real Person".

Well, I am real and I'm also "Real Angry"! Mr. Burnett, you are a bald face LIAR and a seedy scam artist who makes his money out of exploiting the weak. May you rot in hell!

Response to Art, Toronto, Ontario (Loan Consultants)

AUTHOR: Tlc - (U.S.A.)

I want to respond to a complaint registered by Art in Toronto. When Art originally sought out the training of The Loan Consultants in Toronto, the cost was priced at $13,900 + G.S.T. ($14,834.70). Art joined The Loan Consultants months later, at a very rare promotional price ($7995.00), which was subsidized from the full amount by one of our lenders.
The Loan Consultants have not and never will make earnings claims. His statement that we claimed that a Loan Broker's career was easy and would make $175,000 (especially in the 1st year) is completely preposterous. To be sure, anyone believing they could immediately and with ease make an income in this range should seriously question their grasp of reality. We give each prospective Affiliate applicant numerous references of current Affiliate Loan Brokers, which they are free to call. I am confident that none of these referrals would portray a picture of instant wealth or ease of operation. Furthermore, our employees fervently know that earnings claims are illegal and they would be terminated on the spot if they gave the slightest notion of one.
As with Art's statement that we are running a phantom business operation with our D.V.D.'S purportedly showing a fake office with three busy secretaries is completely untrue and libelous. The Loan Consultants have been in operation for almost 25 years with our U.S. base of operation in Los Angeles, California. We also have a fully staffed office in London, England. Till the late 90's, we operated our Canadian Division from Los Angeles. Due to our rapid growth in the Canadian regions, we opened a satellite office in Vancouver. Eighteen months ago, we transferred our satellite Canadian office to Toronto, directly on Bay Street, to better serve our Affiliates. The D.V.D., which portrays a large expansive front office with numerous secretarial staff at work, is actually our main office in Los Angeles. The D.V.D. we use in the United States is actually the same film we use in Canada. We neither implied nor intended for our Canadian prospective Affiliates to believe the office in the D.V.D was our Toronto satellite branch.
Finally, I have never spoken with Art. Every single Canadian Affiliate finishing our training has a direct number, not only to our Toronto office, but also to our office in Los Angeles where our Senior Loan Officers are housed. These Senior Loan Officers not only serve in answering questions for our U.S. Affiliate's, but Canada's as well. Moreover, every Affiliate knows that if a Senior Loan Officer cannot adequately answer an Affiliate's question or demands, our Management has an open door policy. In addition, our contact system, Goldmine, tracks conversations from every phone call we receive. Art's claims that he could never contact us are completely bogus.
In conclusion, we rank as one of the top business opportunities, not only in North America, but the World. We have numerous national and international publications touting our training and services. Furthermore, our complaint history through all known regulation services in our industry in the past 25 years has been nothing but exemplary. We will go to ANY lengths in servicing our Affiliates. We also will go to ANY lengths in protecting our reputation. If Art is actually a real person and has a genuine concern for the lack of service on our part, we would have immediate interest in talking with him. Not only are his written complaints very serious, they are evidently misguided and if done with malicious intent, border upon libelous.

Kirby F. Burnett