Complaint Review: The New Connection - thenewconnection.com - Ed Sharp

• Submitted: Thu, January 04, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 05, 2007

• Reported By:Kentfield California
The New Connection - thenewconnection.com - Ed Sharp
thenewconnection.com Midwood, New York U.S.A.

The New Connection - thenewconnection.com - Ed Sharp changed prices and charged me more than priced when I ordered, ripoff Midwood New York

I ordered a Fuji F31 from them on December 22. The price when I ordered it was $309. The shipping was going to be $14. I didn't notice at the time, but when I printed out the invoice, nothing came up but the order number (172577) and all their return and replacement policy. On the 26th I received an email, asking me to call to confirm.

I did. The salesman, Ed Sharp, tried to sell me memory cards, and then a "better" battery. I asked why, since the camera was rated as having a very long lived battery. He told me that I had purchased the "European" version, which did not come with the "upgraded" battery, but for $30 more, I could get both the better battery and the original factory warranty, not just their warranty.

When I said I wasn't interested, he said he'd do it for $20, and then when I said to cancel the order, he said $10. I said for $10 I wasn't going to fight it.
Later I checked, and as I remembered, they did advertise the product with the "better" battery.

I called back 2 hours later, and told them to cancel the order. I was told they couldn't, but I could refuse acceptance of the package. On the 27th, the money was withdrawn from my account.

Here it is January 4th, nothing yet, and the return policy says that I can't return anything after 10 days from the invoice.

Kentfield, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2007 11:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-New-Connection-thenewconnectioncom-Ed-Sharp/Midwood-New-York-11230/The-New-Connection-thenewconnectioncom-Ed-Sharp-changed-prices-and-charged-me-more-th-228832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The New Connection - thenewconnection.com - Ed Sharp