Complaint Review: The Penn Warranty - Secured Captial Management

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 11, 2009

• Reported By:Hot Springs Village Arkansas
The Penn Warranty - Secured Captial Management
1081 Hanover Street Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-3569441
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

The Penn Warranty - Secured Capital Management Penn Warranty used car warranty fraud ripoff Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Sue them

SORRY ABOUT GRAMMER AND ERRORS!
So I find a nice used car on eBay. 2003 Acura 3.2CL. Very clean, runs well. I fly to Houston, TX to buy it and drive it back to good ole' Arkansas. Well I buy a "used car warranty" for US$300. I get back to Arkansas and the power seat goes out. Penn Warranty company is useless! DON'T BE STUPID LIKE ME AND GET RIPPED OFF! Something should be done about this BS company cheating its customers. Let's start!
I go to Riverside Acura in Little Rock, AR. I get there they tell me I need a engine mount and my drivers side power seat wasn't working. So I call Penn Warranty company only get to a rude @$$ customer service rep. that continues to question my claim. These people on the phone literally started to raise there voice at me and REMEMBER, I am at the dealership. She asks "is your car at a shop?" I said yes! She then tells me that my engine mount isn't covered. Another fishy detail is when I called they couldn't pull up my file! They asked for my vin # again, the make model and year of my car. Shouldn't they have that on file? They didn't even know my name! Anyways.... after getting yelled at by the lady. I demand to talk to a supervisor. She says the "Supervisor is out of town" hmmmmmm..... well then let me talk to someone higher that you, maybe a manager. She puts me on hold for 25 mins. then hangs up on me! That's some customer service. So the Acura dealership is now looking at my like a damn fool. Nevertheless, The penn warranty company can kiss my @$$, WE NEED TO FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM! I left the dealership with a $95 diagonstics fee... so basically I drove to Little Rock to pay 95 dollars to the dealership and get nothing fixed on my car!
THANK YOU PENN WARRANTY COMPANY!!
BASTARDS!

Wally
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2008 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Penn-Warranty-Secured-Captial-Management/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-18706/The-Penn-Warranty-Secured-Capital-Management-Penn-Warranty-used-car-warranty-fraud-ripof-347108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Penn Warranty - Secured Captial Management

AUTHOR: Cino24 - (U.S.A.)

I just read the "what is not covered" section of their basic contract. It does not specifically state that the engine mount is not covered in that section. If yours is the same as what I'm reading, you have a valid lawsuit.