• Report: #932003

• Updated: Thu, December 06, 2012

• Reported By: SK — Torrance California United States of America
Time Warner Cable
Torrance CA Internet United States of America

Time Warner Cable Time Warner Cable did not honor their "Switch to TWC" gift card offer , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same Here!

*Consumer Comment: HELP

*Author of original report: Time Warner Cable Made Good on Offer

I received a promotional offer from Time Warner Cable to switch all of my services from AT&T and by doing so would receive promotional pricing for a year and a $200 gift card. I initiated my services in February of 2012. Since then, I have checked on the status of my gift card at their "Switch to TWC" website. Each time it says the competitors bill was received but installation is not scheduled and my gift card is not scheduled to be mailed. When I call and e-mail the company they either send an e-mail that my gift card will be coming in four to six weeks (creating another delay) or that enough time has not gone by and they have no control over disbursement of the gift cards. When I checked online there are numerous complaints about this issue. When I brought this to Time Warner's attention they said that the customers probably didn't follow the rules of the promotion but in checking further this is not the case. Most of the customers did send in the competitor bill and met all the rules of the promotion that included paying all bills on time. If there are enough people who also feel they have been defrauded this could create a class for a law suit. Time Warner treats its customers poorly and I do not intend to retain their services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2012 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/internet/Time-Warner-Cable-Time-Warner-Cable-did-not-honor-their-Switch-to-TWC-gift-card-offer--932003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable

Same Here!

AUTHOR: palpro - ()

Never got a penny! I got real BAD customer service, 10 days with no TV and calling everyday, no one knows what is going on? scheduled service three times, no call no show...

HELP

AUTHOR: Rochelle - (United States of America)

Hello,'

Id like to thank you for posting this because I am currently facing the same hurdles as you had mentioned. May I ask how you attained Mr. Hirsch contact info ? I want to express my frustrations of speaking to 5 different TWC representatives all giving me in correct information in regards to their promo of gift cards.

Respectfully Yours,
RS

Time Warner Cable Made Good on Offer

AUTHOR: Sierra Karolyn - (United States of America)

After some research, I was able to locate the Chief Marketing Officer of residential services, Mr. Hirsch. I left a message about the difficulty I was having with my gift card issue. Shortly thereafter, I received a telephone call from a Laura Caster who is the Vice President of Marketing for the Western Region. I also received calls from a Charles who is in the Office of the President. After these conversations I believe I received the gift cards (two $100 visa cards) via Fed Ex within approximately two days. Time Warner did make good on their offer even though I had to go through considerable effort in order to research the best person to contact. During my conversations with Ms. Caster and Charles I found them to be truly concerned with the situation and they did a very good job in resolving the issue.