Complaint Review: Tokyo Fro's

• Submitted: Sun, December 18, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, November 08, 2008

• Reported By:sacramento California
Tokyo Fro's
2224 Fair Oaks Blvd. Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Tokyo Fro's Doesn't Honor Entertainment Book Coupon Even though they are advertising in the Ent Book and they told me after I had ordered Sacramento California

*Consumer Suggestion: Read the fine print

*Consumer Comment: Telling the Truth

Every year I purchase an Entertainment Book. And every year I frequent many of the businesses that take the time to advertise in the book and offer great discounts.

On Friday, Dec. 16, I tried to use a coupon at Tokyo Fro's on Fair Oaks Blvd. and the waiter said: "We don't take those on Friday night."

I said: "But your adverstisement says the coupon is good every night."

He countered with: "Actually, we really didn't want to be in the book, but the people at Entertainment Book put us in there anyway."

First of all, that is not true. Companies pay for inclusion in the popular book -- especially those with 2-page glossy photos ads.

The truth is the place is under new management and they inherited the Entertainment Book ad. Instead of honoring what could amount to 200 users in a 12-month period they are turning down their customers.

Not that my business will make or break this company, but I won't return. Too many decent sushi restaurants exist in this town to give my business to someone who won't honor their advertising.

Furthermore, how hard is it to post a large sign in the door that says: Entertainment Book not accepted?

Jana
sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2005 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tokyo-Fros/Sacramento-California-95825/Tokyo-Fros-Doesnt-Honor-Entertainment-Book-Coupon-Even-though-they-are-advertising-in-th-168415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tokyo Fro's

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Read the fine print

AUTHOR: Someguyfromlasvegas - (U.S.A.)

I'll bet the coupon says on the bottom "Please present prior to ordering" or something similar. Most restaurant coupons do, and I'll bet this one was no different. This is exactly why.

Telling the Truth

AUTHOR: Crownhillbistro - (U.S.A.)

Actually the restaurant was probably telling the truth. My husband and I just bought a business last year and were told that the previous owners had signed up with Entertainment for advertising for that year. I spent six months trying to get ahold of them to try and change the coupon for the following year with no responces. Next thing we know the new book is out and not only did they not change the name of the cafe but its the same coupon as the year before. Now we're not the only place just in my area this has happened to. This has happened to at least four now that I know and have found out about in the last 48 hours. Unless you work for Entertainment Book yourself please dont assume you know what they have done to use businesses. They even tried to charge us for putting us in the book when we didn't want it to begin with.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC