Complaint Review: Toshiba Notebook Support Center

• Updated: Tue, June 14, 2011

• Reported By: Lori — Unity Maine United States of America
Toshiba Notebook Support Center
1171 Montague Expressway Box 1235 Milpitas, California United States of America

Toshiba Notebook Support Center Toshiba Depot 1 year Warranty not being honored & dishonest customer service Milpitas, California

Purchased a Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 and less than 10 months later the LCD screen stomaterial pped working. Completely black. I called Toshiba, was connected with the "Repair Depot" and told a box would be sent to send it for repair. This was May 1st. The box arrived, the laptop was shipped. On May 12, 2011 I received an email from "Fiona Wen" and "Gabriel Belmonte" (@bizcom email addresses for Repair Depot)advising me that the LCD was not covered under warranty & to supply my credit card number for the repair of $250.30 for the LCD plus $60 for labor. I emailed back that the whole computer is under warranty & I'm not paying for that. Approximately 10 days later the laptop was returned to me. Opening the box, I found the lap top was not packed securely. The styrofoam packing material was in the bottom of the box with the lap top thrown on top. Opening the lap top I found gravel & debris throughout the keyboard. It started up & the screen worked for approximately 45 minutes. A few hours later when turned on, the screen was back to pitch black. I called Toshiba/Repair depot at the number on the repair paperwork, and was transferred around. Every rep spoke broken english with thick accents & was hard to understand. I was told to remove the battery & unplug the power cord, hold down the power button for 60 seconds..etc.. nothing worked. I was then told that a customer service manager would contact me. A week passed without a call. I called again & spoke with another representative who told me a case manager would call me back. I asked them what do I do with the laptop to get it fixed.. will they send me a box? They said wait for the return call. I got no call. After 5 calls in 3 weeks, I spoke to Jasmine, Riyalou, Natizizad & Israel who all told me Gretchen was my case manager assigned to me. I was assured Gretchen would call me within 48 hours. After waiting 10 days I called. After being on hold for 45 minutes I spoke with Neil. I gave him the run down (as previsouly mentioned) and now he says they have had issues with the repair Depot & that they'll have Nexicor send me aI box to ship the laptop in for repair. I read him the email from Fiona & Gabriel asking for my credit card number for the $250.30 LCD plus $60 labor, and he said he was going to report it. So now, I wait for another box. This "repair" ordeal started on May 1, 2011. It's June 14th & I still have a broken laptop and am not being assured that it will be fixed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2011 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toshiba-Notebook-Support-Center/Milpitas-California-95035/Toshiba-Notebook-Support-Center-Toshiba-Depot-1-year-Warranty-not-being-honored-dishones-740796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toshiba Notebook Support Center