Complaint Review: Toyglobe

• Submitted: Sat, February 28, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 26, 2009

• Reported By:Nottinghamshire Other
Toyglobe
P.O. Box 1415, Champlain New York, New York U.S.A.

Toyglobe Took almost twice as much money from my account without warning, never received package. Champlain New York New York

*Author of original report: Full refund given

*Author of original report: Part refund

*Author of original report: Cancelled order...

*Author of original report: My order details to prove I'm a real customer

I ordered a gift for my partner in January (this year). I was sent an invoice immediately with International shipping. I noticed a few days later that I had been billed almost twice as much as I was supposed to be. I contacted them immediately but had no response until 26th feb, saying that my item was not yet being shipped.

Did a bit of research and found this site. I am devestated, close to tears and cannot believe what I'm reading. I am down almost 100 GBP and still don't have a gift. I cannot afford that kind of money and don't know where to turn.

Advice welcome and appreciated.

Ellabelle
Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2009 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyglobe/Champlain-New-York-New-York-12919/Toyglobe-Took-almost-twice-as-much-money-from-my-account-without-warning-never-received-p-429461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyglobe

Full refund given

AUTHOR: Ellabelle - (United Kingdom)

After ringing up my bank they explained it was the exchange rate which was to blame for the difference in refund.

I have been given a full refund.

I still strongly advise no-one uses this company and if you have, cancel your order immediately and ask for a refund. If you get no reply from them in two business days ring your bank/credit card company and let them chase it up for you.

THIS IS A CANADIAN COMPANY---NOT AMERICAN they are based in Quebec, not NY

Part refund

AUTHOR: Ellabelle - (United Kingdom)

So I received 58.89 of the 64.10 today. I am grateful but cannot help wondering why I have not received the full refund I was promised. Have contacted John and asked for the final 5.21

This really is beyond my scope of acceptance now. Now I'm just annoyed completely and think something needs to be done about the company.

Cancelled order...

AUTHOR: Ellabelle - (United Kingdom)

I cancelled my order via their "contact form" last week after giving up waiting for any kind of explanation. John e-mailed me almost immediately saying the order was cancelled and I would be given a full refund within the coming week. Didn't get it. Contacted him to say I wanted the refund there and then or I would go to my bank (because it is THEFT) and he responded saying that he had sent a refund and I should be receiving it in my bank account in 72 hours. So I am giving until the end of tomorrow before I ring my bank up and see if the money is pending.

I must admit, after cancelling the order, John seemed much more willing to talk to me and get this sorted.

I don't know whether this is a scam he is trying to pull, or if he is just a one-man business struggling to keep up with orders and keep his website updated. To be honest I think he needs to shut the website down and get himself sorted.

Will report once I receive the money and let you all know the outcome.

To those of you having problems, cancel your orders or go to your bank/credit card company and get them to sort it out.

Ordered & processed-Jan 29th

Complained about Toyglobe taking too much money via their contact system/form on Feb 3rd and asked for them to refund difference, didn't hear back until feb 26th and was never given a refund.

I want a full refund, I do not trust I will ever receive the action figure I paid for.