Complaint Review: TradeKing

• Submitted: Wed, April 24, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: S_P — Montgomery Texas
TradeKing
13024 Ballantyne Corp. Place, Suite 500 Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

TradeKing does not honor $50 account signup promotion - Charlotte, North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Promotion Response from TradeKing

*UPDATE Employee: Promotion Response from TradeKing

TradeKing offered a $50 incentive in the form of a banner ad to set up and fund a brokerage account online.  I set up an account with them in January of 2013, and met all the requirements to obtain the sign on incentive.

The requirements were to make 3 trades and have $3000 in equity over a 90 day period.  After 90 days, they were supposed to credit the account with the $50.  I emailed their client services department shortly after signing up to verify the requirements, and to make sure there was no misunderstanding or fine print.  These requirements were verified by Cindy Martinez of Client Services.

After 97 days, I had not received the money.  I emailed them to ask when to expect it, and at that time I was told by a new representative, Marissa Harris, that the promotion had ended before I signed up.  When I told her that I had corresponded with a representative shortly after setting up my account, she told me that the representative had misunderstood which promotion to which I was referring.

I explained that based on my question and the representative's response, there could not possibly be any confusion.  I also asked how it was possible that I had been brought to their website to set up the account by clicking the banner ad if the promotion had expired.  The response I got was curt, saying that there was to be no further assistance regarding my concern, and that I must have clicked on some third party banner ad that misrepresented their promotion.

I still maintain that if this were the case, the link would have been broken, and the banner should not have taken me to their website to sign up.  Further, the representative I emailed should have told me that the promotion had ended.  As it is, TradeKing made money off of me, as I made several trades during the 90 day period, and then they did not honor their promise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 02:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TradeKing/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28277/TradeKing-does-not-honor-50-account-signup-promotion-Charlotte-North-Carolina-1045735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TradeKing

Promotion Response from TradeKing

AUTHOR: mweston - ()

TradeKing maintains banner ads through a series of affiliates.  The promotion that was offered through the banner was an expired promotion at the time of the account being opened.  As a result of this experience, TradeKing is reviewing the text on the landing page  to clearly show if a promotion is expired.  Furthermore, we are working with our affiliates to assure that they are linking correctly to the appropriate landing page.

At the time of the service contact, TradeKing made an error in correctly identifying the promotion in question which led to relaying inaccurate information.  After speaking with the client, TradeKing made an accommodation and honored the terms of the $50 promotion based on the miscommunication with our Client Services Department.

Promotion Response from TradeKing

AUTHOR: mweston - ()

TradeKing maintains banner ads through a series of affiliates.  The promotion that was offered through the banner was an expired promotion at the time of the account being opened.  As a result of this
experience, TradeKing is reviewing the text on the landing page  to clearly show if a promotion is expired.  Furthermore, we are working with our affiliates to assure that they are linking correctly to the appropriate landing page.

At the time of the service contact, TradeKing made an error in correctly identifying the promotion in question which led to relaying inaccurate information.  After speaking with the client, TradeKing made an accommodation and honored the terms of the $50 promotion based on the miscommunication with our Client Services Department.