Complaint Review: Trilegiant Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, March 15, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, March 15, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States of America
Trilegiant Corporation

Trilegiant Corporation Fraudulent Creation and Billing of Multiple Accounts! Internet, Internet

I signed up for the credit report monitoring service offered by Trilegiant on 12/13/2011. I signed up as part of a trial offer, which I would be allowed to cancel without further charges after one month. After signing up, I received a confirmation e-mail listing [Account number A].

I cancelled the service on 1/7/2012 over the phone. I received a confirmation e-mail that the service had been cancelled listing [Account number A].

On 2/12/2012 I was billed by Trilegiant on the debit card number I provided when I set up my account. After several calls to Trilegiant, a customer "service" representative identified a "duplicate account" [Account number B] under my name.

I believe the Trilegiant Corporation is currently ripping off consumers by creating duplicate accounts in their names, in order to collect fees from these consumers even after they have cancelled one of the accounts. I would be very interested in hearing from other consumers who have had the same scam attempted on them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2012 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trilegiant-Corporation/internet/Trilegiant-Corporation-Fraudulent-Creation-and-Billing-of-Multiple-Accounts-Internet-In-854346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trilegiant Corporation