Complaint Review: Trucks And Moore (Liners, Inc.)

• Submitted: Mon, February 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 05, 2009

• Reported By:Somewhere Georgia
Trucks And Moore (Liners, Inc.)
245 Bobby Jones Expy Martinez, Georgia U.S.A.

Trucks And Moore (Liners, Inc.) Dangerous and Shoddy Repairs, Untrustworthy, Doesn't stand behind their work Martinez Georgia

*Author of original report: Update and Retraction

*Author of original report: update

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Owner

Just before moving, I took my car to Trucks & Moore to get a damaged wheel bearing and hub assembly replaced. They installed the new assembly incorrectly, and within a few weeks the wheel started making a noise that got worse.

I thought the noise was brakes, so I took the car to a Goodyear for a brake inspection. They told me that the bearings had fused to the hub assembly, and had to be replaced. Goodyear told me that the part was not defective, and that it was probably installed improperly (A tech even wrote this on the invoice and initialed it).

When I called Trucks & Moore, I got the runaround, talking to at least five different people. When I finally got to the owner, Larry Moore, he insisted that the part was defective, but refused to pay to have it fixed by Goodyear. (He offered to fix it if I brought the car back to him, but I now live over 70 miles away and was not going to drive a car with damaged bearings on the interstate. Nor was I about to have the same place that botched the installation to begin with "repair" it again.)

Both the manager and owner tried to blame Goodyear for the lack of progress, saying that "all they have to do" is some warranty paperwork. I don't see why Goodyear should have to jump through any hoops. Goodyear would end up losing money for doing good work, and that's not right.

I was very disappointed with the lack of integrity Larry Moore and his staff displayed in both their refusal to make things right, and their attempts to "pass the buck" to both their supplier and the Goodyear shop.

B
Somewhere, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2008 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trucks-And-Moore-Liners-Inc/Martinez-Georgia-30907/Trucks-And-Moore-Liners-Inc-Dangerous-and-Shoddy-Repairs-Untrustworthy-Doesnt-stand-308096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trucks And Moore (Liners, Inc.)

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

Today I received a letter from Larry Moore's lawyer along with a check for about half the amount I originally paid for the repair. Therefore, I am posting a retraction of my statement made on March 27, 2009, referring to Larry Moore as a "crook." The statement was not made with actual malice and I do not believe Larry Moore to be a criminal. I do hold, however, that he is a disreputable businessman and I stand by all other statements I have made.

The Better Business Bureau instructed Trucks & Moore to cut me a check for the defective part, which he did, but only after he got his lawyer involved to come after me. I hope that Mr. Moore realizes that his own words and actions are much more damaging to his bottom line than a frustrated statement made on a site that is filled with rhetoric and hyperbole.

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

update

AUTHOR: Ben - (U.S.A.)

I forgot to mention that an ASE Certified Technician verified that the repair was performed improperly. He even signed his name to it on paper. I hope Mr. Moore gets his act together. If not it will only be a matter of time before one of his "repairs" results in someone getting killed or seriously injured and his business gets slapped with a multimillion dollar judgment and has to liquidate.

I returned the defective part to Mr. Moore, and he promised a refund. It's been over a year and he still hasn't delivered. I refrained from calling him a crook before, but after reading his responses, there is no longer any doubt. Larry Moore is a crook.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Owner

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

I am well aware of this complaint. This gentleman claims of improper installation is completely false, as it is impossible to install a hub assembly and wheel bearing incorrectly. The vehicle would not have traveled for several weeks otherwise. The bearing failed, period. We do not make the bearing, but were more than happy to stand behind the work, although the customer would not give that opportunity.

He filed a complaint with the BBB, which found in our favor. He challenged the credit card charge, and he lost that case also.

I have tried on numerous occassions to contact the customer, and he will not return the call. That he would not allow the warranty process to take place is beyond my control.

We take care of 15K customers per year with great success. I am regretful that we are not able to please this one.