Complaint Review: U.S. Postal Sevice Insurance

• Submitted: Sat, May 30, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 30, 2009

• Reported By:hastings Florida
U.S. Postal Sevice Insurance
USPS United States Postal Service Nationwide U.S.A.

U.S. Postal Sevice Insurance Post office does not honer their own insurance Washington D.C. Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Here's another example why I don't use them to ship

after the post office delivered my gold shipment to the wrong address I went thru several days spending many hours contacting the address'e his post office, my post office, filling out forms and affidavits, talking to 7 or 8 different people, and finally got them to admit they lost my shipment. after all the days of trying to get my insured claim, they refused to pay me. why? they said because it had been delivered. Yes it was, but not to the person who ordered it. So, I had to give him a full refund, and I was just out the money. This is government bureaucracy at its finest. Bottom line is I'll never use the government to insure anything, they are worse than the people who wound up with my gold shipment free of charge.

Jerry
hastings, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2009 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Postal-Sevice-Insurance/nationwide/US-Postal-Sevice-Insurance-Post-office-does-not-honer-their-own-insurance-Washington-DC-456830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. Postal Sevice Insurance

Here's another example why I don't use them to ship

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

A few years back I needed to send a letter priority mail. If I remember correctly I paid about 13.00 to send it. The letter didn't arrive to it's destination for a week.

If I would have sent it regular mail it would have taken the same amout of time.

So I contacted the USPS and asked them to refund the difference. I was told they wouldn't make any refund as they do not guarantee the 3 day delivery. Then why pay priority?

Since that moment anytime I have to ship anything overnight, or just regular shipping I use UPS.

Something I also find funny. Last year we had a big snow, the plow came through and piled a lot of snow in front of the mailbox while I was at work. When I got home and checked the mail. The carrier delivered a card informing me they could not deliver my mail since they couldn't get to the box.