Complaint Review: United Air Comfort, Inc. aka United Restoration, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, August 18, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, August 23, 2003

• Reported By:Baltimore MD
United Air Comfort, Inc. aka United Restoration, Inc.
5821 N. Andrews Way, Ft. Lauderdale,, Florida U.S.A.

United Air Comfort Inc & United Restoration Inc is an unreliabe dishonest desceptive ripoff. Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Mgrs.Riping-off Custermors

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Management Stealing Employees Commision's

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The Scam ..I know first hand of consumers being totally ripped off

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: How not to get ripped off

High priced quotes for repairs not necessary .....

I think this company targets Seniors, that supposedly do not know any better. I believe this to be a "Bait and Switch" Scam.

He inspected the conditions and presnted an estimate costing over $800.00 I believed some of the work might have been cecessary, so I agreed to part of it. My total invoice was $397.00 for work that I originally expected to pay $88.00

After he departed, I tried to inspect the things he said he did, sealing leaks in duct work, and installing an "Electrostatic Filter" I saw no repairs or filters. The ad promised to improve the air quality, amoung other things. It said: 'you will have fresher, cleaner air in your home'.

It listed eleven different services. One was to Calibrate thermostat to energy savings. He didn't even ask where to find the thermostat and therefore, didn't touch it. I saw no improvement in the quanity or quality of air flow. The tempertures in my second floor was no better than before the service.

Diane
Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2002 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Air-Comfort-Inc-aka-United-Restoration-Inc/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/United-Air-Comfort-Inc-United-Restoration-Inc-is-an-unreliabe-dishonest-desceptive-ripof-27269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Air Comfort, Inc. aka United Restoration, Inc.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Mgrs.Riping-off Custermors

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

I Was Out In The Field With A Mgr.,We Went On A Call For A Warranty Call To Check Out Her Unit.I Seen The Problem With The Unit,All It Was Is To Turn On The Switch On The Unit.He Charged The Woman $65.00 For The Call.I Told Another Mgr. About What He Did.He Said Good Work To The Other Mgr.That's Why One Of The Reason I Quit The Rip-Off Job.I Told Him I Had To Sleep At Night.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Management Stealing Employees Commision's

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

I Sold Several AC Systems That Would Be Bought On Next Following Week.Told Mgr.About The Sale And I Would Have The Sale Confirm For That Week.The Mgr. Would Call The People Then Sale The Unit Cheaper Then What He Told Me To Sale It.Which In Turn He Would Be Able To Get The Sales From Us.We Would Never Get A Good Payroll For The Work We Do.Mgr. Always Made Over $6000.00 A Week.My Check Was Alway Short.When I Help Installing A Unit And Hauling Off The Old Unit I've Never Been Paid For This.They Left Oweing Me Over $1800.00.I Got Me An Attorney To Try To Get My Money Back.One Of The Mgrs.Took Over $1000.00 Out Of Me,Come To Find Out He Needed For His Self.I Told Him To Pay It Back To Me He Said He Would As Soon As He Could.Thats Been Over 10 Mos.Now.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The Scam ..I know first hand of consumers being totally ripped off

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I briefly worked for United Air Comfort in the Charlotte NC office. I know first hand of consumers being totally ripped off. Let me explain how UAC works, and how they pay their employees.

First off, they advertise in employment ads to "Learn how to be a HVAC tech, must have own truck of van." and basically hire anyone who responds.

They watch a couple short videos, and are trained 1 hour a day by watching videophoned training sessions. Their office manager take classes to "certify their own employees." All certifications are open-book, and if any employee doesn't know an answer, the manager will give them the answer to assure the unqualified tech gets certified.

The employee gets paid 25% of whatever they bill out, no other compensation for gas, or vehicle expenses. So 25% of $19 does not pay the employee enough to do any real service.

They are more-less required to sell repairs even if they are not needed. Before I quit, it was company policy to threaten to fire employees who did not average $100 per service call. Most people who took the job are desperate for work, and will do whatever management asks. There are no specific prices for any repair, the employee simply charges whatever they think they can get. A part that costs $6 frequently gets sold for $200 or more.

I also witnessed training sessions on how to sabotage the heating system during A/C inspections and vice-versa to assure another service call. The customer thinks their 6 month warrantee will cover the service call, only to hear "only the cooling sysem was serviced, and therefore, the service call will have to be paid for by the homeowner.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

How not to get ripped off

AUTHOR: Damon - ()

As a former employee of United Air Comfort I can honestly say that I never ripped off a customer. When I was promoted to manager I provided all my techs with any information on new products or techniques new to the industry.

I spent countless hours on the internet, in classes and read any service manuels I could get my hands on. My excitement for the residental HVAC industry never stopped, and I hired only techs which shared the same enthusiam.

After reading all the complaint letters i'd like to offer customers a simple piece of advice, EVERY in home service company has good techs and bad ones.

If you feel comfortable with the service provided by a certian person, request that person ONLY. Be adiment with customer service that this is the only person you will allow into your home.

There are many honest techs that work in the home service industry and many who work for United Air Comfot.

composer