silence

• Submitted: Fri, November 02, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 02, 2007

• Reported By:Middleburg Florida
United Vacation Network
3690 East Bay Drive Largo, Florida Largo, Florida U.S.A.

United Vacation Network UVN does not provide the service that is promised when you buy the vacation packages. Largo Florida

In May of 2007, my husband and I attended a seminar by United Vacation Network, where we purchased a charter membership. The price was $5400. We were promised 4 resort weeks, 4 bonus weeks, 4 mini vacations and unlimited hotline and cruise specials per year.
When I decided to use one of my weeks for a dream vacation in Costa Rica, I filled out the necessary paperwork and on the form it stated the company would contact us within 72 hours of receipt of the form. It took over a week before I finally called and the request had not even been opened. After several more weeks I called to see if they had any available vacations. They offered me a week in the middle of the jungle only accessible by white water rafting or four wheel drive, and NO ELECTRICITY. Of course I declined, after another week I called again, and they offered a condo that was 2 miles from the beach (according to the condo's web site). I wanted something on the ocean. The employee said it was 100 yards from the ocean. (Clearly a lie). At this point I have filed a complaint with the State attorney general, the better business bureau, and also the Department of Justice and Consumer Service.

What I want is a class action law suit to be filed against this company. I feel they are fraudulent in their claims and should be made to pay.

Vanessa
Middleburg, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2007 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Vacation-Network/Largo-Florida/United-Vacation-Network-UVN-does-not-provide-the-service-that-is-promised-when-you-buy-the-282636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Vacation Network