Complaint Review: Urban Home

• Reported By: Dabra — los angeles California
Urban Home
10800 West Pico Blvd. los angeles, California USA

Urban Home defective merchendise los angeles California

I picked up the table on Sunday 4/6/14. a friend came with me with his truck. the table was wrapped in cardboard and plastic. When I got it home and we unwrapped it we found scratches on the table that have pealed the enamel off and 3 big holes (I have a witness and pictures).
I contacted the main office sent them pictures of the damaged table. they said because I signed my name that means I inspected the item. And that was not what I was told by the warehouse guy. I asked him what the signature was for and he said it was to release it to me (if he has said it was an inspection signature, I would have inspected it and would have never brought it home).
they offered an exchange or 40 dollars off! they said because I signed for it to bad. I told them that is not acceptable to me! they wont even work with me to make it better. what I really want is a full refund or half off the table. [continued below]....

.....

couple days later I wrote a really bad review on YELP.  And than was contatacted by a lady from Urban home named Carly B.this was her response in a private messageThank you for shopping at Urban Home! I'm deeply sorry to hear that your shopping experience was not the best. Our policies are to have all of our customers sign off on an inspection release form; it is their right to inspect it at that time before taking the purchase home.
I'd like to extend a $50 store credit to you because of this issue. Or, if you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund.
again I did sign that paper but that was not what I was told!  And told her I would keep the table if she took $100 off or I would like a rerund if they would come pick up the very heavy table.  they said NO.  I don't think I am asking to much!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Urban-Home/los-angeles-California-90064/Urban-Home-defective-merchendise-los-angeles-California-1139161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Urban Home