• Report: #1120360

• Reported By: mpd445 — Los Angeles California
Valve
Internet USA

Valve Game Company Fraud Internet

Today, I purchased a game called "Sid Meiers Civilization V: Gold Package" from the company called VALVE through their online system program called STEAM. On the website, it describes that if I purchase a gold package, it includes 13 Civilization V games (which are the ones you usually have to purchase separately) for $49.99. Thus, I purchased the gold package and found out that I only could download and play Civilization: Gods & Kings version. The other 13 of them, they required me to purchase it separately. This is a fraud and false advertisement.

I tried to contact their customer support through STEAM. It's called STEAM customer service; however, instead of connecting me to the support team or their email, the webpage kept on saying that "Please confirm your account by following the instructions in your welcome email. If you have not received the welcme email you can have it resent. [continued below]....

..... (mpd445@gmail.com)" Previously, when I signed up for the STEAM account, I already had to verify my email address. I am able to log into the STEAM account using my email or log in information, yet, I cannot reach their support system. It just kept on asking me that I need to confirm my account. I even tried them resending the welcome email to verify this; however, the emails never came.

Since, I cannot reach their customer support through their website, I decided to google for VALVE's customer service number. (425) 889-9642 is the number I obtained to call. When I called the company, it was greeted by the automatic messages and the machine told me to chose a number to connect to their support team. I selected the right number and found out the automated machine telling me that all the support on STEAM account can only be done through the Steam support online.

I tried my best to fix the situation by trying to contact the company; however, this company does not even have a valid support system that does not let users to log into their support system. I strongly believe that this company is not doing the legit business and using fraud/false advertisement to make the users purchase their item but do not provide the support care.

At this point, I want my money back from the company, but I do not know how to contact them to even complain on how to get connected to their Steam support website.  I have screenshoted all the webpages related to this matter to show you that my purchase were all valid but it's clearly company's fault to support.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2014 10:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Valve/internet/Valve-Game-Company-Fraud-Internet-1120360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Valve