Complaint Review: Vanilla reload card

• Reported By: Albert — Pembroke Pines Florida
Vanilla reload card
Miami, Florida USA

Vanilla reload card Scam Miami Florida

*Consumer Comment: How do you know it is her license?

Someone named "kelley" was selling floor seats tickets for the justin timberlake concert on craigslist.  I emailed her that I was interested.  We spoke on the phone and she mentioned that i would have to pay using the vanilla reload card.  She told me that she needed to see if I had the money on the card before sending them to me.  When I gave her the pin, she stole the money.   I cannot belive that I fell for the scam.  kelly even sent me a picture of her driver's license.  Vanilla reload was no help at all.   I have to file a police report before they will release any info.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2014 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vanilla-reload-card/Miami-Florida/Vanilla-reload-card-Scam-Miami-Florida-1129330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vanilla reload card

How do you know it is her license?

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

You spoke to a stranger about buying tickets and they require you to pay through an untraceable method.  This just screams scam. For the scammer to even mention that they need the numbers from the card to check your balance is practically a declaration of a scam. Since you don't know this person and they sent you a copy of "their" DL, how do you know that the driver's license is 1) real or 2) belongs to the person you spoke to on the phone?

File a police report. But I doubt you will see your funds again.