Complaint Review: Verizon DSL

www.verizon.net Internet U.S.A.

Verizon DSL service in my area ripoff Internet

*Author of original report: Verizon

*Consumer Comment: Not available in your area

Two weeks ago, I called Verizon to order DSL service if it was available in my area. First person I spoke to checked and said it was but I would have to switch my landline phone service to Verizon. I got cut off, and called back, got a different person who also checked and said service was available. She put the order in to switch my phone service and the order for the DSL and told me it would take time to switch my phone and gave me an install date of August 8.

I took this day off (losing money since I'm only part-time). At 1pm on the day, nobody had yet arrived to do the phone switch, so I called Verizon to check. After being on and off hold (mostly on hold) for 45 minutes, she said there was a problem with the order and she'd have to enter a new order and I'd have to wait again for the switch. Then she said that DSL service was not available in my area.

I then told her I didn't want the phone service switched and that I was very upset that they didn't contact me via my phone number or email to let me know there was a problem. Then I hung up.

Why couldn't they let me know? This is very poor customer service and I will never waste my time with this company again. I know that DSL is not available everywhere (except in places like NY city since they figure that's where the big bucks are).

This is the second company my husband and I have dealt with that has left me sitting at home waiting for a serviceperson and has been given a valid phone number and email address but can't be bothered to use them when there's a problem (unless they want money from you). That company will never get our business either.

Michelle
Kingston, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2007 11:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-DSL/internet/Verizon-DSL-service-in-my-area-ripoff-Internet-266294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon DSL

Verizon

AUTHOR: Michelled - (U.S.A.)

I was unable to check for availability on the internet because when I put my address in, the site wanted my Verizon phone number which I didn't have, my phone service is Frontier and I couldn't get any further with the website. That's why I called the company directly. The reason I consider this a ripoff is they did not at the very least email me and let me know there was a problem with my order. I had to call them and sit on hold for 45 minutes.

Not available in your area

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I don't know why they told you it was available in your area. If you go to verizons web site and go to the DSL availability check page, and enter a kingston PA address, it tells you it isn't available.

As for why DSL is not available in all areas, it has to do with the type of wiring that runs on the poles, not richness of the area. It may seem like that, but they upgraded the lines of bigger cities first (as it should be since it services more people at a time).

Please note, I also checked FIOS which is also not available in your area. More than likely the upgrade in equipment that needs to happen to accomodate either one of these has not happened in your area yet.