Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless and Asurion Insurance

• Updated: Sat, August 10, 2013

• Reported By: JBryant — Athens Georgia
Verizon Wireless and Asurion Insurance
Internet USA

Verizon Wireless and Asurion Insurance - NOT WORTH IT Phone insurance that is terrible Internet

I bought insurance with my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 and when the screen got cracked, called to get it repaired. After a truly hellish electronic response system that left absolutely no option to say or skip the info they required, which was nearly impossible to enter on said phone, I find out that not only do they not do repairs but that I'd have to get a replacement phone AND IT WOULD COST ME $100, a fact nobody mentioned to me when I bought the insurance from Verizon. I also found out I'd be getting a REFURBISHED phone, which is horrible considering I'd been paying for the insurance over 2 years - for a refurb phone that still cost me $100??? WHAT A RIPOFF. Don't buy insurance from http://www.asurion.com/ or Verizon Wireless - you might as well just stick your money in a safe place and buy a new phone when yours gets damaged. Stupid and worthless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2013 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless-and-Asurion-Insurance/internet/Verizon-Wireless-and-Asurion-Insurance-NOT-WORTH-IT-Phone-insurance-that-is-terrible-In-1074761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless and Asurion Insurance