Complaint Review: Vinesse AKA American Cellars

• Submitted: Sat, May 12, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 02, 2009

• Reported By:Aurora Colorado
Vinesse AKA American Cellars
822 Hampshire Road Suite E Westlake Village, California U.S.A.

Vinesse Aka American Cellars put initial order in twice, failed to send promised free gift, refused to take cancellation by email, delay responding Ripoff Westlake Village California

*UPDATE Employee: Received Gift

1. I joined this wine club. They "accidently" put my initial order in twice. If I had not checked the next day, I would have been charged twice for the same thing.

2. They promised a Free winde caddy with the initial order. The wine caddy never came with the first shipment. Instead they put a card that I had to send in to "chose" my free gift. This is a gimmick.

3. I sent in the card for my free wine caddy They sent out my next shipment of wine, but still no wine caddy.

4. I emailed customer service and did not get a response. I emailed again, telling them to cancel the service, and do not charge my card or send more wine, BUT send my free gift

5. I received a curt reply a week after, " Our policy here at Vinesse requires a verbal request to cancel." There was no mention of the promised FREE Gift.

6. I called and left a message " verbal cancelation of membership" and again insisted on getting my free gift.

7. I responded to the email saying I called and canceled and I want my free gift. I also reitereated " any activity on my credit card will be disputed."

8. Still no response from them or any attempt to satisfy my issues with them.

Gail
Aurora, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2007 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vinesse-AKA-American-Cellars/Westlake-Village-California-91361/Vinesse-Aka-American-Cellars-put-initial-order-in-twice-failed-to-send-promised-free-gift-248381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vinesse AKA American Cellars

Received Gift

AUTHOR: acameron@vinesse.com - (U.S.A.)

At Vinesse, we are only satisfied when our customers are.  We regret that the customer was not satisfied.  The customer was contacted by our customer service department on 5/16/2007 and the wine tote was sent out to the customer at no cost to her.  Her account was canceled immediately upon her request and future shipments were not sent to her.