Complaint Review: Voobon Ventures, Explore Media, Mark Sharriar

• Submitted: Mon, November 24, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 18, 2011

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Voobon Ventures, Explore Media, Mark Sharriar
1755 The Exchange Suite 350 Marietta, Georgia U.S.A.

Voobon Ventures, Explore Media, Mark Sharriar This place is a joke and ran so illegally!! Marietta Georgia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Where did you work?

*UPDATE Employee: Some people are really sad

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: f*k off bi*hes..

*Consumer Comment: Warning!!! SCAMMERS!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Truthful Response to:Voobon Ventures,Explore Media,Mark Sharriar This place is a joke and ran so illegally!! Marietta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Investments

*UPDATE Employee: Yes we do investments

*Consumer Comment: Same question, are these guys really funding?

*Consumer Comment: Help Me Get More Info?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Please Contact Me Also

*Consumer Comment: PLease contact me

Mark Sharriar quote on quote CEO of this supposedly legit company Voobon Ventures and Explore Media is a joke. He under pays his employees, deducts money illegally, states he's paying taxes on you but really is not, claims because it is a privately owned company, department of labor laws or any laws at that don't apply to him. (He said they didn't, that he makes his own rules) Has primarily an all girl staff under the age of 25 and he sexually harrasses them. He verbally abuses you and treats you like dirt. If you go to him with a problem and it's not in his favor he gets angry and screams and threatens you. Much of the work he has employees due is illegal, without proper licenses and such. He makes all these promises which are all lies such as benefits and raises. He won't let you sign a contract when you start and no sick/vacation days. Everything is very shady. There's so much more to write and I was only there for a short time, because he has such a high turnover rate. He'll fire for not letting him touch your b***s!!

Helpingyou1
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2008 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Voobon-Ventures-Explore-Media-Mark-Sharriar/Marietta-Georgia-30339/Voobon-Ventures-Explore-Media-Mark-Sharriar-This-place-is-a-joke-and-ran-so-illegally-394497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Voobon Ventures, Explore Media, Mark Sharriar

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Where did you work?

AUTHOR: Anonymous Michelle - (United States of America)

You must be very, and I mean VERY unattractive. Mark hits on everybody, his company IS a scam, and there is a high turnover rate. Everyone knows that for any scam artist to be successful they have to have a team of sharks who are willing to do their bidding. It seems you were on that team. Just because you made a few dollars does not mean you have to lie for him too.

Some people are really sad

AUTHOR: needjob - (USA)

These comments are outrageous.  People need to get a life.  Bosses are not supposed to be ‘nice’ to people, they are supposed to get the job done.  And nobody knows everybody in a workplace, management makes decisions and does things that subordinates don’t know about. These people are are lunatics! If we knew everything that happened in the confidential meetings or staff meetings the world would be chaotic.  Who is the idiot that thinks they work at a company and get to know everything especially private investment firm.  They should be applauded for keeping level of security and confidentiality, its MONEY!!!  No wonder so many people are unemployed in this country they think like these people posting dumb and childish comments on here.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

f*k off bi*hes..

AUTHOR: Marksharriar - (U.S.A.)

I fired you for flirting with your boy friends in my office and you write a sick report on me...all this is spam

you all are suckers all the work you did to me were sucking my c*k

AUTHOR: Warning_you - (U.S.A.)

Run away from Voobon Ventures and Mark Shariar!!! I had a terrible experience with them. Now they have a bunch of press releases in their web page that are all lies. SCAMMERS!!!

I know there are other companies out there willing to get any information about Mark Shariar. I don't care if you believe me or not. You will waste several months and even years listening a bunch of lies. At the end you will get nothing and you'll remember this warning.

AUTHOR: Warning_you - (U.S.A.)

AUTHOR: A Sincere Employee - (U.S.A.)

It is unfortunate that ex-employees have the ability to defame a company's name because they are unqualified to work for it. I have been an employee for Mark Shariar at Voobon Ventures for the past 2 years, and I absolutely love my job here! Mark Shariar does not under pay his employees because I make more than the market rate for my position. I have an employment contract that states my pay, frequency of raises, and benefit information, and received my benefits and raises at the time when Mark Shariar said I would and as stated in my contract. As far as an all-female staff, the majority of employees here at Voobon Ventures are male, with about only 7 female staffers out of 25, including myself, and our ages range from 23-45. Mark Shariar has never said or done anything to make me believe he was sexually harassing me or any of the other employees. Mark Shariar treats everyone with the same respect that he desires and in the 2 years that I've been employed at Voobon Ventures, I've never seen him raise his voice, make threats, or get angered at anyone. I could not ask for a better boss than Mark Shariar.

I just had to respond to this fraudulent report because of the false and invalid remarks made by an obvious disgruntled ex-employee. The fact that anyone has the thoughts and time, especially at a time when our economy is so fragile, clearly says a lot about their character and objectives in life. They are no longer apart of the Voobon Ventures team, for valid reasons, and has yet to move on to find another employer they are more qualified to work for. Because we know every job is not the right fit for everyone, Voobon Ventures wishes all former employees nothing but the best in their future endeavors.

Investments

AUTHOR: Lps - (U.S.A.)

Please provide at least two references. We welcome your response. thnks

Yes we do investments

AUTHOR: Voobonperson - (U.S.A.)

I do not wish to feed the negative complaints here or this website, but I will answer the legitimate questions posted here about investing. Yes we do provide investment capital to entrepreneurs and companies, although we do not usually make small investments. Information is available on our website and a contact form is available if needed as well.

Same question, are these guys really funding?

AUTHOR: Ineedfunds - (U.S.A.)

Entrepreneurcraig, I too have been trying to find out if this company is for real. If you find anything please post here and I will do the same. Not overly concerned about an upset former employee although I do feel and understand her duress.
Thanks

Help Me Get More Info?

AUTHOR: Entrepreneurcraig - (U.S.A.)

I read your report, and I was wondering if you could give me more information about Voobon Ventures? Since you worked there, can you tell me:
Do they actually make venture capital investments?
What type of companies do they invest in?
In your time working there, did you witness that they do, in fact, make investments from $5M - $500M?

I would appreciate any information you can give me.
Thanks!

#13 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Please Contact Me Also

AUTHOR: Fairywings12345 - (U.S.A.)

I would very much like to speak with the original poster or any others who may have experienced similar events at Voobon Ventures. Please email me . Thank you very much.

PLease contact me

AUTHOR: Moto - (U.S.A.)

I need more information about your post. Please respond to me off board at [email protected]
I am not with Voobon but need to verify information for other employees.

thanks