Complaint Review: WPI*ifriends

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 10, 2009

• Reported By:Manahawken New Jersey
WPI*ifriends
Various Abbreviated Sites In Florida Internet U.S.A.

WPI*IFRIENDS "FREE" adult web site ripped me off for more than $300! Various Locations In Florida Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

This adult web site advertises itself as FREE OF CHARGE. During registration it asks for your credit card number "only to prove you are over 18, 'as required by Federal law'." And than they say the card did not go through
and asks for another. You can chat with a model with others as a guest but would pay $2-$3 per minute if you enter into one on one chatting. I never did chat "privately" not wishing to pay any thing.
When I checked my credit card statement entrees that I received the following month, two cards showed almost daily charges running from numerous $9.95 to several over $40 each! When I called to protest them the woman rep said it was never a free site and anytime I logged in I was charged from that moment on while browsing, looking at pix,etc. And every time I visited a live model site chatting among other men or went into "private chat" one on one, which I never did, I was charged $2 to $3 per minute. Despite my protests and credit back demands, she said they were already paid by the cc comp and would not refund a cent!
I'm going to file a complaint with The Consumer Frauds Unit of the State's Attorney Generals office tomorrow. One of my cc comps "Discover Card" bounced me among 5 people for 45 min and the last, reluctantly agreed to look into the highest 5 charges. I got the impression that the case would go against me because IFRIENDS got so called authorization since they got the card no. and my PC's IP address. They also said they would not check any charges below $10 unless I paid them $5 for each item. Aha, now I see why there were so many $9.95 charges. Only afterwards I Googled IFRIENDS and saw there were 747 rip off complaints against them in the last 7 months.
If all complainants went to their State's A Gs office they would be showered by them and put these crooks OOB and in jail where they belong.

Martin
Manahawken, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WPIifriends/internet/WPIIFRIENDS-FREE-adult-web-site-ripped-me-off-for-more-than-300-Various-Locations-In-426340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WPI*ifriends

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Because he provided very little information, we were unable to find Randolph/Martin's account with the iFriends service, if he does have an account. We strongly urge him to call us so that we can take care of any issues that may exist. Our Customer Care center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and can be reached by calling 1-800-243-9726. We are committed to resolving his to his complete satisfaction.

Many of the statements made by Randolph/Martin in his complaint are not applicable to the iFriends service. It is possible that Randolph/Martin may be confusing the iFriends service with another online service. For example, Randolph/Martin states that a representative told him that he would be charged anytime he logged in. While this may be true of other websites or services, this is absolutely not true of the iFriends service. Browsing pictures or archives, guest chat, and other areas are in fact free on iFriends, as is one of our monthly subscription options. A customer will only be charged on iFriends once he or she has been clearly notified that there is a charge and then only if he or she affirmatively consents to the charge and the service.

iFriends will take all steps necessary to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Again, we urge Randolph/Martin to contact us directly so that we can resolve the issues he has discussed.

We have been in business for 13 years, and have consistently maintained excellent ratings with all leading consumer protection agencies. In addition, we have developed online consumer best practices that have been adopted by many other services. The iFriends services is verified by TRUSTe and is on its sealholder list of the most trustworthy online businesses.