Complaint Review: Walgreens

• Submitted: Sun, March 09, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 19, 2008

• Reported By:Columbia Missouri
Walgreens
http://www.walgreens.com Quincy, Illinois U.S.A.

Walgreens Fired for no apparent reason Quincy Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Do not worry, lot of companies are now hiring former Walgreens Employees

*Consumer Comment: Probation Period

I'd been working for Walgreens as an assistant manager for about six weeks, and I was fired out of the blue. I had asked my fellow assistant managers and the store manager for feedback on my performance, and I wasn't given any negative feedback in the preceeding weeks. The only comment that was made by the store manager was that I needed to get faster at counting the safe.

One day I came into work, and was fired with no concrete reason given. The manager gave me some song and dance about not being qualified enough for the position - but before I was hired, I went on 3 interviews!!!! Somebody couldn't have figured it out BEFORE I left my former job for Walgreens??? I attempted to contact the district manager several times to ask exactly why I was fired, but never received a response.

The day before I was fired, loss prevention was there. So I'm wondering if I was framed as a thief by the store manager or the other assistant managers. I had never counted the safe, deposits, etc. without another manager being present, so there was never even an opportunity to steal. Now I have a big, fat TERMINATED on my employment record because of Walgreens. Try getting a decent job after that.

Arabella
Columbia, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2008 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walgreens/Quincy-Illinois/Walgreens-Fired-for-no-apparent-reason-Quincy-Illinois-316296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walgreens

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Do not worry, lot of companies are now hiring former Walgreens Employees

AUTHOR: Daniel - (U.S.A.)

Sir, I am sorry to hear what happened to you.

The good thing is now that you are no longer working for a disgraced company like Walgreens.

THE BEST THING, A lot of companies are now hiring people FROM WALGREENS. They are looking beyond the Walgreens experience and seeing if they are good.

And I can use me as an example. Just 3 months after getting canned by Walgreens (Because I told the truth) my current employee brought in for an interview. After a couple of tests and 2 more interviews, I landed a very good job and considered one of the top rated employees in my company.

So, do not worry. Some company will hire you. I would suggest working for CVS, that way you can give them inside secrets and destory Walgreens

Probation Period

AUTHOR: Qwerty777 - (U.S.A.)

I don't know about your state, but I believe here in MN, as long as you are within your probation period (typically 90 days) they can fire you for almost any reason you can think of and they don't have to even tell you that reason. The only time I've ever been a victim of that was a few months ago but they at least claimed I was seasonal, so I put that on applications, however I doubt that applies in your case. If you state does have that same law, or a similar one, sorry to say but you're pretty much out of luck. The only nice thing also is that most employers are not allowed to give any information to future employers unless you say they can (except for employment dates and verifying that you were actually an employee). So as long as you don't give them permission to tell future employers what happened, Walgreen's can't give you a bad reference.