Complaint Review: Web AccessZZ - Integretel

• Submitted: Wed, August 03, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, August 04, 2005

• Reported By:Deerfield Beach Florida
Web AccessZZ - Integretel
integretelinc.com - webaccesszz.com San Jose, California U.S.A.

Web AccessZZ - Integretel 900# scam using Trojan Dialer Virus on computer, ripoff San Jose California

*Consumer Comment: Integretel / infoservices900.com

On my grandma's phone bill, she had 1 charge of $40.00 for 2 minutes on Jun 1, 2005, number 900-444-0221 at 12:09 am. I knew that no anyone else was in the house that had placed those calls, especially not at 12.09am, except that the computer might be on!

The charges were from "Web AccessZZ" thru "Integretel, Inc." as explained by BellSouth, who said I should contact the company. There was a number to call listed on my BellSouth bill if the charges were disputed.

The number was 1-800-736-7500. I called and got a voice mail that said that I had reached Integretel and their offices were closed, but to enter my area code and phone # to see if they would be able to assist me. As this seem odd on a Saturday, I decided to do more research over the Internet and found the exact report here.

I proceeded no further with attempting to call them and sent this link to BellSouth at their customer service website. After 3 days, I received a reply from BellSouth that indicated they will credit the amount. I will wait to see if BellSouth completes their promise before considering this case closed.

As a computer programmer, I have found that all the dial-up connections on the computer have been changed to dial 011-40 (Romania) numbers as well as 900 numbers. As such my nieces had to manually type in the ISP number for the last week without knowing the reason why.

As a quick solution, I would disconnect the phone jack when computer is not in use. Get your computer check for virus and spyware.

To remove the dialer virus was not easy. After several attempts to isolate the virus, I had to kill 2 services, one dialer and one "sleeper cell" that wakes up and recreates the dialer. If you are experienced with MS Windows, you can use a combination of Task Manager to End the Processes and Hijackthis to delete the services.

Vanessa
Deerfield Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2005 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Web-AccessZZ-Integretel/San-Jose-California/Web-AccessZZ-Integretel-900-scam-using-Trojan-Dialer-Virus-on-computer-ripoff-San-Jose-152368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Web AccessZZ - Integretel

Integretel / infoservices900.com

AUTHOR: Jane - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for your report, I to have just been scammed by this company. Only I was told by the Integrel rep who took off the charges that they billed on behalf of infoservices900.com. I went to their site to try and warn them that one of their customers is pulling this scam but when I got there I didn't.

Why, because if you look at the site it looks like whoever is running it might be the one. There are no contact numbers, email only. Under their small FAQ section they state that they can't tell you which site you were billed for and that someone MUST'VE authorized it. Also they give lame instructions about removing the dialer, which I had already done and it reappeared a month to the day (as you said).

The problem for me is that the dialer will probably reappear this month, just like you said. Can you give me any idea as to what the "sleeper cell" is, because looking at HijackThis, I'm not sure which one it is, or where it may reside. THX.

orderly