Complaint Review: World Benefits

• Submitted: Wed, April 21, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, April 21, 2004

• Reported By:PHILADELPHIA Pennsylvania
World Benefits
110a Walnut D15 Chaplain, New York U.S.A.

World Benefits ripoff company took 299.00 from my acct. promised me a credit card with a limit of 2500.00 never received card given runaround when called Chaplain New York *UPDATE .. World Benefits contacts Rip-off Report. REFUNDS will be given to unsatisfied customers *EDitor's UPDATE 2-20-04!

EDitor's UPDATED info 2-20-04: Rip-off Report is still receiving complaints that they are not receiving the refunds as promised. Rip-off Report has been in contact with the Company and has made them aware of these issues. They have assured us that refunds are being given to those who are providing them with all the correct contact information requested by them. They have also provided confirmation/proof of over 2,600 refunds to date, on a spreadsheet, and Rip-off Report staff called and verified more than a dozen consumers at random, all very angry & outraged, but, they all did get their refund. The company again apologized for the delay and reported that credit to your account could take as long as 4-5 days. As we understand it, this company only does the processing for all the other companies, so they are at the mercy of those companies funds, further delaying your refund.

Rip-off Report is hoping they will live up to what they have promised, we think they will, ..we'll see. Rip-off Report will continue to investigate more into this situation, and we will eventually post an UPDATE to the main Report at this web address: https://www.ripoffreport.com/view.asp?id=76605

Please be patient, we can only tell you what they are telling us.

ED Magedson
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com

CLICK HERE to see how World Benefits contacted Rip-off Report, stating they will give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers.

World Benefits contacted me in January and promised me that for 299.00 a one time fee that they would supply me with a credit card with a minimum credit limit of 2000.00 going up to at least 2500.00. They debited my checking account on FEb. 28, 2004 for the 299.00. As of the date of the this report which is April 21, 2004, I have not received any credit card.

Every time I contact world beneifts they give me the run around about a problem with shipping. The last time I contacted them the person answering the phone got very nasty with me. The email address that I got from your web site is no longer valid,the email I sent them came back undeliverable and I copied exactly from your web site.

Rodney
PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2004 06:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/World-Benefits/Chaplain-New-York-12919/World-Benefits-ripoff-company-took-29900-from-my-acct-promised-me-a-credit-card-with-a-l-88495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on World Benefits