Complaint Review: Yellow Book

• Submitted: Thu, June 05, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 05, 2008

• Reported By:El Cajon California
Yellow Book
www.yellowbook.com Carlsbad, California U.S.A.

Avoid Using Yellow Book And Www.yellowbook.com dishonest employees, sloppy business practices, fraudulent billing practices Carlsbad California

*Consumer Comment: Yellowbook scam

As many business owners know, Yellowbook is a very aggressive marketer of Internet and Yellow Pages advertising. My recent experience with Yellowbook has shown that it is an unethical company with sloppy business practices and dishonest employees.

After a very unsuccessful stint with Yellowbook, I notified them of my desire to cancel the advertising contract for future publications. Verbal notification was not enough for them, so I faxed in a notice of cancellation and also hand delivered a written notice to my sales representative on a form prepared by a Yellowbook employee. When I called to dispute the balance on my account, I have been given various excuses that include (1) wrong method of cancellation (false); (2) no record of cancellation (false); (3) the employee who the cancellation no longer works there (false); and (4) I didn't cancel in time (unverified).

I have repeatedly asked for a copy of my contract and proof that my advertisement was included in the 2008 edition of Yellowbook. Despite numerous promises to do this, I have not been provided with either item.

Avoid advertising with Yellowbook at all costs or you will be severely disappointed. In my case, the revenue generated did not even cover the cost of the advertisement.

Carl
El Cajon, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2008 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-Book/Carlsbad-California-92008/Avoid-Using-Yellow-Book-And-Wwwyellowbookcom-dishonest-employees-sloppy-business-practi-337565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellow Book

Yellowbook scam

AUTHOR: Dinogo - ()

Hey....

please like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/YellowbookScam

lets get as much likes as possible and so that maybe we can make a change . if we can save one person from yellow book its all going to be worth it....

thanks!