Johnny

• Updated: Wed, October 22, 2008

• Reported By:Fresno California
Zenith Financial And Trust
1885 Wilson Avenue, Toronto, Ontario Canada

Zenith Financial And Trust - SCAM I received a check in the mail for $4875. The check looks real! Toronto Ontario Canada

I received a check in the mail for $4875.00 from Zenith Financial and Trust in Canada, saying that I was one of the "declared winners" of De-Lotto American Shoppers Lottery held August 25th. It stated I had won $125,000 and in order to receive the total amount I needed to call the claims/disbursement agent - Sandra Johnson, who is also listed as the Promotion Manager. The letter goes on to state that I need to pay tax on the winnings in the amount of $2875.00 and that the check I received was to pay for that. That I'd have to pay the $2875 directly to the "tax agent" and it had to be paid by either Western Union of Moneygram. I am so glad that I went online to see if this was a scam because although it was quite tempting, I knew it was too good to be true. I never entered a sweepstakes that sounded like De-Lotto American Shoppers Lottery, but I do mystery shopping every now and then and thought at first that perhaps this was a result of that. What bothers me so much is how many people (especially elderly) will be taken by this.

Cheri
Fresno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2008 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zenith-Financial-And-Trust/Toronto-Ontario-M9M1A2/Zenith-Financial-And-Trust-SCAM-I-received-a-check-in-the-mail-for-4875-The-check-look-383719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zenith Financial And Trust