Complaint Review: Zip Web

• Reported By:Ocala Florida
Zip Web
16133 Ventura Blvd, Encino, California United States of America

Zip Web Host Ripoff Encino California

Zip Web Host contacted me via phone. They promised to contact me at least every week or so to see how I liked the service and before they billed me at the end of a "free" 30-day trail. I did get three different calls asking if I received an email with a link to the site. Each time I told the caller no I had not gotten the emails and was assured that they would send it again.

When I went to the website I could not even find one ad for my business anywhere by zipweb. But I did find two businesses in my direct area - both which have been out of business for over a year.

No call was received before the end of the 30-day period. The first letter I received from the company came March 31, 2009. That day I called and cancelled - no problem the operator was nice and gave be no hassle over the cancellation. But she did neglect to tell me the 30-day period ended March 24, 2009. My April Embarq Phone Bill was charged $99.95 for the 7 days.

This company had no intention of fullfilling anything. They're counting on you to be to busy to remember and try to get a few months charges over on you. If I had called and cancelled when I received their letter I would have had two months billed to me before I got my phone bill.

I will be contacted my states attorney general and better business bureau over this fraud.

Dee Ocala, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2009 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zip-Web/Encino-California-91436/Zip-Web-Host-Ripoff-Encino-California-444178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Zip Web