Complaint Review: Afni

• Updated: Tue, January 07, 2014

• Reported By: Crystal L — Rankin Texas
Afni
1310 Martin Luther King Drive Bloomington, Illinois USA

Afni Collection Notice for $337.34, Creditor being AT&T. Advised they were willing to accept $168.67 to settle my account. Bloomington Illinois

I received a collections notice in the mail from Afni stating as follows,

"This account had been placed with our agency for collection. We are requesting your assistance in resolving this matter. We are willing to accept $168.67 to settle your account. Once paid, our records will reflect this status of your account with Afni Inc. as closed as settled......This offer is valid until 02/15/2014. Afni is not obligated to renew this offer."

I called the number listed on the collection notcie and they told me that the service was for AT&T Internet, located at an address in a city I've never heard of. They also provided me with a name of a person I've never heard of. I told them I was not going to pay just yet, beacuse I wanted to investiagte a little further. I then called AT&T and inquired about this collection. They had no record of this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2014 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni/Bloomington-Illinois-61702/Afni-Collection-Notice-for-33734-Creditor-being-ATampT-Advised-they-were-willing-to-1113692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni