Complaint Review: Aquatic n exotic

• Updated: Sat, November 02, 2013

• Reported By: Stuart,FL — Stuart fl Florida
Aquatic n exotic
1525 S E luckhardt st Stuart, Florida USA

Aquatic n exotic Manager/worker BOB, Josh Purchased bearded dragon for daughters b day. Died in 13 days of purchase.they were rude and careless when we went back to store to talk to them about it. Basically told us to leave, did not want customers to hear us. Stuart Florida

*Author of original report: You have your facts wrong!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Aquatic N Exotic 101

We purchased a bearded dragon for our daughters birthday. She waited a year to receive this gift. had it for only 13 days and it died. We went back to the store to see if they could offer some advice and maybe work with us on getting another one. It was $84.79 for the bearded dragon and over $200 for cafe and supplies. When we told the manager about it he could care less. Basically said it was our fault. He way beyond rude and angry.

Most of the reptile cages hamono water and old food. A few cages had dead lizards in the cage. The first time we visited the store a worker grabbEd a lizard from the cafe and she dropped it. Then she says to the lizard, " that's what you get for moving".

The store is unclean, i people working there rude and not educated on the animals they are selling. As far as I'm concerned the manager/owner is a money hungry jerk. Who does not care if these animals are take. Care of!! I think they are due odor an inspection !!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2013 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aquatic-n-exotic/Stuart-Florida-34994/Aquatic-n-exotic-Managerworker-BOB-Josh-Purchased-bearded-dragon-for-daughters-b-day-D-1092974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aquatic n exotic

You have your facts wrong!!

AUTHOR: Stuart,FL - ()

In response to "BOB"

So you are saying that by looking at the bearded dragon for less then 5min you knew he had some sort of injury because of "bruising"? Have you ever heard of pooling of blood, diseases such as internal parasites,RI., the list goes on. So unless you have DVM, MD or DO,(which my clients do) its probably best not to determine the cause of death to any breathng creature.

As for the "girl"employee YOU mentioned, you are correct SHE did not drop the chameleon. My clients were in earlier that day and another "girl employee" Did infact drop the Chameleon. We have 4 witnesses, the time was between 11-11:45am who saw it happen. Your employee just laughed and said "thats what you get for moving" as it was picked up from the ground.

Lastly, you are WRONG again!!!! My clients did not report you so thats another LIE!!! You must have been reported from another unhappy customer. Because it was not them. As my client was leaving he did not say any obscene words! The only thing he said was " i'm glad to know you stand behind your pets".

Get your facts straight!!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Aquatic N Exotic 101

AUTHOR: AquaticNExotic101 - ()

Hey Guys Joshua Barger here President/Owner of Aquatic N Exotic stuart Florida. Here at A-N-E we offer the highest quality of Captive Breed reptiles and Amphibians that are produced by myself and/or Local Licensed breeders/friends. We offer a 7day health guarantee on all of our CBB Reptiles. Im going to take the time to tell our side of the the incident that occured with this customer.

The customer did purchase a Juvinile Sandfire(colored) Leather Back Bearded Dragon from a cluch of 17 that IProduced grew out to 3 months of age. Rememer we offer a 7 day health guarantee....when i was approached buy the customer with a shoe box with the deceased Bearded Dragon who said "I have a devastated daughter because her bearded dragon died this morning. I looked into the box and seen a very healthy dead bearded dragon. So the customer and the Bearded dragon had my attention because 15 of the 17 are all thriving and living in great responsible homes!! I asked the customer did you notice the animal not feeding or looking sluggish customer said "No everything seemed fine up until this morning"... Well it was to my amazement when i examaned the animal his head was very badly brused, teeth broken, missing scales on the top of his head, with a mouth full of Blood.

I asked the customer what happened to the animal to cause all this damage and he replied with "I dont know we found him in the cage like this" I said "well its very clear that this animal was healthy and something tramatic happened here" which he did NOT deny. He replied with "Well my daughter is Devastated what are you going to do for me" I replied with " Sir I have a 7 day health guarantee ...Health guarantee this dragon died because of the trama that was induced on his head"(keep in mind he was out of the health guarantee as it is.... Well in front of about 6-7 customers i said "I know your daughter is up set I can give you 30% off one of the last 2 we have" He said "REALLY!!! Come on Ill do it for 50% off.....your not helping me out"

I replied with " Im going above and beyondwith giving you a discount the health warranty does not cover an animal that had pased due to trama" the customers reply was " Your not helping me you need to bend the rules a little" I said I have bent the ruled buy offering you a 30% discount on another" Buy then the customer proceeded to shout "My daughter is devastated and I cannot believe you are not going to give me a new Bearded dragon for my daughter" buy this time a few customers attempted to step in the incident IN MY/THE STORES defense,I told the customer he needed to leave the store.

As he was leaving the shop he proceded shout obcene remarks about my shop and myself. I talked to the "girl" employee who was the person who put the animal in its carrier the day the customer purchased the dragon and she said the the dragon did not fall and hit the ground.....I believe my employees because they know that if something like that were to happed the animal IS NOT TO BE SOLD but put into quarentine to be monitored and if vet care is need the animal goes to the vet!

Folks my shop is very clean and the care and maintense is NEVER overlooked or put off! Please come in and see for yourself! I am not "money hungry" if this were true my pricing would be at least up to online pricing on Sandfire Leather Back bearded dragons who going rate online is $149.99+shipping...I produced my babies and decided to pass the savings on to the customer at rate of $79.99 for a 3 month  established animal. Hince the fact that all are sold but one female we have left and is still available!

INFACT this customer called and reported us to animal control.....and guess what? Our inspection went great!! Actually we work with animal control and the FWC because of the license that I personally carry for REPTILES OF CONCERN we are a surrender location for unwanted non native animals both reptiles and exotic mammals.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC