Complaint Review: Ascentive Software

• Submitted: Sat, May 02, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 02, 2009

• Reported By:corndog Idaho
Ascentive Software
201 Spring Garden St. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Ascentive Software what good is free if it does nothing but waste my time Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Easy

Getting an e mail, I downloaded their Scan & Sweep, which promised to speed up & correct problems on my system.

It scanned beautifully & found many problems. But , to correct these problems, guess what?

You are correct. I would have to buy the software.Not me. How do I know they are doing anything for me if I can't see any results.

Give me at least 1 or 2 repair & fix operations so I can make a judgement. I will not buy a pig in a poke.

Whatgoodisfreeifitdoesnothing
corndog, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2009 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ascentive-Software/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19127/Ascentive-Software-what-good-is-free-if-it-does-nothing-but-waste-my-time-Philadelphia-Pen-448287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ascentive Software

Easy

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

If you have Windows go to the Microsoft site of onecare.live.com, click the free trial and use that for free.

It creates a restore point before fixing errors and it is up to you if you want to report to Microsoft or not.

I use it all the time, it asks me if I want to buy and I say no.