Complaint Review: C & L Repair

• Updated: Sat, November 02, 2013

• Reported By: Mr. Cook — Lapeer Michigan
C & L Repair
460 Peppermill Road 460 Peppermill Road, Michigan USA

C & L Repair Sister totally scammed when I'm out of town 460 Peppermill Road Michigan

I'm a heating and cooling professional.  I was out of town in Nashville when my sister calls and tells me that her furnace just went out.  I told her I was out of town and wouldn't be back for 4 days.  She called a local company and had someone come out.  The man told her that her unit was outdated and needed to be totally replaced.  He said she had a cracked heat exchanger which is typically a good reason to replace your unit.  She called me and explained what she was told.  I told her she could wait the 4 days if she could handle the cold but she insisted that the technician was sincere and wouls just get the system replaced.  I told her to make sure he leaves the old system at her house.  She was charged $1,800 for a new unit and the tech did not clean up at all. Matter of fact, he left her old unit in her kitchen for her to move on her own.

I returned home and went to her house a few days later.  I visually inspected the unit and didn't find anything wrong.  I took the unit to my shop and found the real reason the heat did not kick in anymore, the ignition switch.  What a nice way to take advantage of a woman with no knowledge of eating and cooling.  The heat exchanger that he said was cracked was completely fine.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2013 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/C-L-Repair/460-Peppermill-Road-Michigan-48446/C-L-Repair-Sister-totally-scammed-when-Im-out-of-town-460-Peppermill-Road-Michigan-1096544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C & L Repair