Complaint Review: cdbaby

• Reported By: william — syracuse New York
cdbaby
13909 NE Airport Way Portland, Oregon United States of America

cdbaby "RIPPED ME OFF AND CONTINUES TO RIP ME OFF" Portland, Oregon

I'm a Musician and song writer from CNY.  I released a album awhile back with cdbaby called"      Nine Lives  America In Distress The Unsigned Soldier".  I thought it was a great idea, well I thought wrong. Now i'm not one to complain about a service a  company gives as long as they keep  do what they say they are going to do in the guidelines. At first cdbaby made it seem like a great deal, they say they will send your music to the list of digital distributors they work with. Now I  dont have a  problem with that, the problem I have is,  all the other individual companies they were selling it too, "as a fourth party". Once I noticed cdbaby was  distributing my music to companies that they were not affiliated with I called them. I asked if there was a specific list of distributors that they worked with and they were more than happy to give me the list. [continued below]....
..... "That Was There Mistake". cdbaby gave me there digital distribution list. Over 25 of the companies selling my album online are not even affiliated with cdbaby, "OR ARE THEY"!  cdbaby has been making tons of money off my music from companies online that they don't disclose to you as a artist. In other words cdbaby only shows you what they want you to see. If my music is not being sold, why is it still for sale  in places it is not supposed to be ?  I wonder how many sales cdbaby does not disclose to there artists.  I even cancelled  my album off cdbaby and they are still selling it in the places on there list, and i took it off a year ago. I have tried to call them, know one at cdbaby seems to follow threw with my complaints. When I say my music is all over the internet thats what I mean. The only problem with this is I haven't seen  barely a  $20.00 from this scam. If you don't believe me check out the album I listed above its everywhere, i'm talking 10 pages into a google search. I don't know how to go about this. If someone out there can help me out with this please let me know. I Believe I have a lawsuit against them but need help from someone willing to go forward with this. I saved all the links to the places that cdbaby is not affiliated with as well as the digital list they provided. "The media should know about this In my "Opinion". Once again it is very irritating that a company can get away with ripping me off for potentially thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars when I'm the artist and I have seen no revenue.  I hope someone realizes what is actually happening over at cdbaby. I have enough evidence to show how cdbaby operates in large scale. I'm not just another unsigned artist, I have had a few record  release offers and denied them because i'm so skeptical of a scam like cdbaby.   thanks for reading "atleast I got to vent".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cdbaby/Portland-Oregon-97230/cdbaby-RIPPED-ME-OFF-AND-CONTINUES-TO-RIP-ME-OFF-Portland-Oregon-1038937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cdbaby