Complaint Review: charter cable

• Reported By: Sy — Alhambra California USA
charter cable
Alhambra, California United States of America

charter cable Bait and Switch, Deceptive Practices, Liars Alhambra, California

Charter is a terrible company.

I am a customer of less than a month. Thanks to their practice of asking for a hard credit pull before offering you service which makes no sense at all since you are not applying for credit, I verified a monthly price over the phone with their phone representatives and confirmed that installation fees would be waived. The price given was $81/mo for TV and internet it was also easily obtained on their website as well. However, to avoid the credit pull, I was told to go into their physical office to get service which I did. Since I didn't have the credit pull, they told me to prepay the first month's bill which was represented to me that it was payment in full for the first month of $81 which I paid with installation waived. For documentation the only thing I got was a receipt for my $81 which did not detail what it was for.

I got my first bill yesterday for about $120 for the first month. Obviously this was not the same amount I was represented. The reason why? They decided to overcharge me for TV and internet raising the price to an arbitrary number and charge me an installation fee. I called charter and wasted an hour of my life arguing with their inept phone reps who were not willing to answer yes/no questions in english,  who finally agreed to bring the monthly costs to $81 like it was a big favor to honor their own contract, but said the installation fee was a "valid charge." The reason for this? They said they had no documentation it was waived.

$20 is not that much money, but I am going to make them earn it by telling my story and persuing whatever rights I have as a consumer for this flagrant bait and switch. Be careful if you are charter customer, you will have to build a legal case including documentation just to get what you were promised.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/charter-cable/Alhambra-California-/charter-cable-Bait-and-Switch-Deceptive-Practices-Liars-Alhambra-California-1001899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on charter cable