Complaint Review: checkmate.com

• Reported By: Meno — Lansing Michigan United States of America
checkmate.com
Detroit, Michigan United States of America

checkmate.com misleading Detroit, Michigan

Checkmate.com is intentionally misleading.  I ran my own name just to see what it came up with.  I do not have a criminal record, but what it brought up was my name and 5 of my old addresses (newest one was 8 years ago, so even if I had a record it wouldn't be up to date, I am guessing).  By my name, on each listing it showed a link to a criminal record- instead of saying that it didn't find anything.  SO, if someone was using this service- without paying, it looks like I had numerous offenses.  Of course, if they were nosy enough to pay, they would be as disappointed as all of you that DID pay for nothing, because I do not have a record.  UNLESS checkmate.com fabricates records to report on people.  In that case, their disclaimer would not protect them from a lawsuit.

If I am ever looking for a house, or work or anything and checkmate.com is used to check me out for a record- if the way that they mislead people into thinking I DO have a record (just so they pay to find out)- their disclaimer will not protect them then either!  They intentionally make it look like everyone has a criminal record, so people will pay to see what is on that record.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2011 01:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/checkmatecom/Detroit-Michigan-/checkmatecom-misleading-Detroit-Michigan-783510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on checkmate.com