Complaint Review: claimyourcruise - United Vacation Network

• Submitted: Tue, June 05, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 14, 2007

• Reported By:Titusville Florida
claimyourcruise - United Vacation Network
3665 East Bay Drive Largo, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-893-6109
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

claimyourcruise - United Vacation Network - GTI Travel Complimentary 5 Day Cruise No Its Not! ripoff Largo Florida

*Consumer Comment: Free Cruise

*UPDATE Employee: Member Services

*Author of original report: correction

I received a postcard stating that I have been selected to receive a complimentary cruise for 2 for 5 nights 4 days. It states that you must contact them at their 800# so I did and I talked with a gentleman that asked me some questions like if I made over $40,000(household income), if I was a married person and if I was 28-72 years old. Then answering those questions, I was told that you are to go to a travel seminar and you are under no obligation to buy to receive you "free cruise". My husband and I went the following week to listen to the hour long seminar. After listening to it, then the people get you one on one and explain what the United Vacation Network can do for us and they want you to pay about $8000.00. After telling them that we weren't interested and they still tried to get you to buy one of their other plans and the lowest they got down to was $2995.00, we got our certificate. It stated that we would be able to pick the cruise line and then where we wanted to go-it did state that we would be responsible for port charges, government fees, and room taxes. It stated that it must be mailed within 30 days and it would take 15 days to receive the voucher for the cruise. I got a travel brouchure and it is through GTI Travel and then it has a non-refundable $50.00 registration fee and a processing fee of $4.95 to receive your travel offer. Once you look on the back to read the terms and conditions, it states what fees you will be responsible for-here is the kicker. For a 3 night cruise, it will be $199.00 per person for port charges, government taxes and agency processing fees and for a 4 night cruise, it will be $249.00 per person. So I went and looked on the cruise line that you would sail from and for a 4 night cruise, the fees as explained above would only be $107.00 FOR 2 PEOPLE NOT PER PERSON, so you tell me where the $447.00 goes to since you would pay $554.95 before you even left and you would also have to pay additional charges for high or peak season and holidays. I called the number that GTI Travel listed and the lady that I spoke with said that she didn't have a breakdown as far as the fees went and then when I told her about the fees from the cruise line was only a $107 for 2, she said well if you can get a better deal then you should go for it and give the voucher to a friend. I wouldn't give this voucher to my worst enemy. For now on, I won't be suckered in into thinking that I can get something "Complimentary"

Kelley
Titusville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2007 02:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/claimyourcruise-United-Vacation-Network/Largo-Florida-33771/claimyourcruise-United-Vacation-Network-GTI-Travel-Complimentary-5-Day-Cruise-No-Its-N-252485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on claimyourcruise - United Vacation Network

Free Cruise

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

As per Christy Daniel (a convict felon working for this company), if the free cruise wasn't "offered" by United Vacation Network why is the presentation that you have to attend to get run by only United Vacation Network. United Vacation Network buys these cruise opportunity and has them fulfilled by this 3rd party operation so that they don't have to stake claim to the inability to fulfill.

Member Services

AUTHOR: Christy - (U.S.A.)

United Vacation Network does not invite consumers to attend our presentation. They are contacted by appointment setting agencies who offer thier own form of marketing incentives for attending.

The cruise that Kelley is referring to is offered, service, and fulfilled by a third party provider. The voucher that they received does not state United Vacation Network as we are not aware of the total fees associated with the vouchers as it does not pertain to our company.

We recommend that Kelley contact the comany that is fulfilling the voucher and request a break down of the fees associated with the cruise and then file her complaint accurately.

We can not comment on behalf of another company we can only make recommendations. Consumers acknowledged and accept both at the begining and end of the presentation that any voucher promised for attending the presentation is not offered, serviced, or fulfilled by United Vacation Network and they hold United Vacation Network and its employees harmless from any future claims pertaining to the voucher.

correction

AUTHOR: Kelley - (U.S.A.)

I did not file it with UPS, I filed it with the United States Postal Service. Sorry!