Complaint Review: Classic Country Land LLC

• Updated: Tue, April 10, 2012

• Reported By: Diana — Licking Missouri United States of America
Classic Country Land LLC
Licking, Missouri United States of America

Classic Country Land LLC Scott Wigginton Fraudulent Misrepresentation Licking, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: SCOTT WIGGINTON CLASSICCOUNTRYLAND.COM TEXASLAND.COM LORI MURPHY SCAMS SCAMS

*Consumer Comment: CLASSIC COUNTRY LAND,LLC

lThis company, especially Scott Wigginton, fraudulently misrepresents his real estate through deceptive trade practices. The Ranches of Montauk Park in Missouri were misrepresented in their ad on eBay, and on their website, by stating there was a community well, which, after many buyers moved from various states, we found out this was not the case.

When we all spoke with Scott Wigginton by phone before we moved, he confirmed this. The website even showed this on the land platte. After we all got here (7 families total), we quickly determined this to be untrue, and all complained. He denied he ever confirmed this verbally, and quickly changed the land platte on the  website and removed the community well. (I have both plattes).

After the property was sold, he changed the lot numbers, so now the lot numbers on our contracts do not reflect the lot numbers now on the website. [continued below]....
..... 3 of us went to the Dent Co. Tax Assessor office and found out that none of the property has ever been recorded, not in Scott Wigginton's name or Classic Country Land, and there is no record of the subdivision we live in "The Ranches of Montauk Park". The ladies in the office were very kind, and said they felt sorry for us, and referred to Scott Wigginton as a "crook". They also said that the same thing was happening in Houston, MO (Texas Co), not far from where we are located.

We now have a neighbor who is fencing off two properties other than the one he owns. We have since found out, through the Dent Co. Surveyor, that none of these properties have ever been surveyed, nor can they ever be, so once this neighbor puts a fence up, it stays up, because it can't properly be surveyed, which means we can't contest the fence nor file an injunction.

We have called EVERY surveyor in the phone book, and they have all said that they won't touch this property with a 10 ft pole, and also referred to Scott Wigginton as a crook. (Even the Dent Co. Surveyor referred to Scott Wigginton as a crook. This has now caused such a conflict of boundary wars, that the sheriff called Classic Country Land and told them that the company MUST survey this land in order to have the boundaries enforced.

This boundary war has so incensed Scott Wigginton that he has gone to the extreme of forcing the landowner that I have had a 15 year lease, for the last 2 years, to try and illegally evict me, even though I have paid monthly payments on time, and have not broken the lease. He did this by threatening them with a lawsuit stating that my lease with them had broken their contract for deed.

I hired a lawyer, who informed me this is a worthless threat, my lease is legal and valid. Scott Wigginton broke the law by selling land that was never surveyed, as is most of the land that he sells online. He even had the audacity to call me on the phone to threaten me, not even caring that I have a mentally challenged daughter who he is trying to force off the property illegally.

Before you consider buying property from this company, which also goes under the name of Texas Land Co., read over the requirements of the ILSFDA (Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act), which was prompted by an increase in land sale scams over the internet and the U.S Mail system, passed by Congress  in the 1960s and specifically regards land sales of underdeveloped land.

Classic Country Land, LLC, does not follow these guidelines, and because of this, is now under investigation by the Missouri Attorney General's office, as well as the Missouri HUD office. I am helping with the investigation, as well as other land owners that I have contacted who are also suffering from the fraudelent practices of this real estate company.

Just so you know Scott, I am moving by May 1, 2012, not because you are forcing me too (which legally you are not), and not because you are so immature that you think your harassment of me or my daughter intimidate me. I am moving because there is no future out here, and many of the homeowners are wondering the same thing. Who wants to pay on a contract for deed that has the wrong lot numbers on them, has false GPS coordinates instead of properly legal surveys, is not recorded with the county and may never be.

Many of us are retirees who are concerned on whether we actually own land that we can pass to our heirs. You have taken the enjoyment out of our lives, and have replaced it with worries and concern. You should be ashamed of yourself, and my hope is this complaint saves at least one person from falling into your scam. But, my biggest hope is that you find it illegal to sell land in this beautiful state of Missouri any longer, and in the other states that you scam future land owners.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2012 05:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Classic-Country-Land-LLC/Licking-Missouri-65542/Classic-Country-Land-LLC-Scott-Wigginton-Fraudulent-Misrepresentation-Licking-Missouri-866649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Classic Country Land LLC

SCOTT WIGGINTON CLASSICCOUNTRYLAND.COM TEXASLAND.COM LORI MURPHY SCAMS SCAMS

AUTHOR: SHUT DOWN CLASSIC COUNTRY LAND - ()

the original poster is correct these people are scammers and nick Marine is a complete liar and probably a employee or a fake person

CLASSIC COUNTRY LAND,LLC

AUTHOR: NickMarine - ()

Several years ago I purchased a few large parcels of land from Scott Wigginton and find this report to be FALSE! I find Scott to be a trustworthy and very knowledable real estate professional.

Both Scott Wigginton and Lori Murphy(Office Manager) are truly great people and they go out of there way to assist clients.  Scott buys large amount of land and sometimes breaks down into smaller parcels to allow lower income people to purchase.  He also provides financing for some who in many cases can't even qualify for a basic bank loan. For this reason he dosen't record deeds until buyer has paid atleast 20% of value into property. Why?..... So he dosen't spend money and wasted time in court to foreclose on dead beats. I know this because Scott has an online foreclosure lists of good deals from a few that don't pay.  Scott offers these properties at a reduced price based on what others paid into the parcels. Great guy!

BUYERS gets a Warranty DEED when they have paid 20% or more into property or at closing if they pay for property in FULL!  IF this buyer PAID for a new survey and PAID  for title insurance at closing none of this would of happened.  Sounds like this buyer bought a property for very little down, paid mininum closing costs with NO survey and No title insurance.......Probably even had Scott finance and is now complaining.  I think I now see this property on Scott's Foreclosure list, NOT surprised!