Complaint Review: combined insurance

• Updated: Mon, May 19, 2014

• Reported By: bluesy51 — hoosick New York
combined insurance
albany , New York USA

combined insurance no training to speak of only constant badgering albany New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Don't feel too bad

I worked for for Combined last year.  What their training consist of is being told over and over again to have good PMA .. (positive mental attitude) and they make you memorize a bunch of scripts that sound ridiculous to say.  Then after sales school you have to go to meetings at 7 am three times a week at least where you get to hear how the star sales people are making lots of money.  When an agent gets out of sales school they are supposed to be paired with an experience sales person.  The person who recruited me was supposed to be my mentor.  But she decided that she wanted to stay with another partner so then the director assigned me to another salesman before he went on his vacation.  This mind you, is two weeks after sales school  The salesman brings me into a room and proceeds to try to humiliate me that I am not going to make it because I dont have the scripts 100% memorized.  Then he refuses to train me..  I am left on my own to try to sell.

I was cold calling , walking for hours door to door in a town that was over an hour away from my house because that was the territory I was assigned to.  It just got worse from there. I must say the director was a good man who did finally go out with me a couple of times, but the whole premise of the cold calling with no experience and little training was a major waste of time and money for me.  The amount of money I spent in gas alone was crazy.  I also had to deal with customers again and again who told me how they had the insurance but dropped it for one reason or other and did not want it again.  A very frustrating experience.  I must say though, that they did pay for the sales school and the transportation and hotel and food, and they paid the first 4 weeks of a stipend of a couple of hundred dollars.  My main complaint about Combined was the fact that I got no real training at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2014 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/combined-insurance/albany-New-York/combined-insurance-no-training-to-speak-of-only-constant-badgering-albany-New-York-1147820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on combined insurance

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Don't feel too bad

AUTHOR: weyt111 - ()

The reason that salesman didn't train you is because he's an idiot and has no idea what he's doing out side of a bunch of scripts that don't work. The good news is you got out before you went broke. For the rest of you STAY AWAY FROM COMBINED!!!!!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC