Chin

• Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: missthesnow — Raleigh North Carolina
Dun and Bradstreet Credibility Corp
22761 Pacific Coast Highway Malibu, California USA

Dun and Bradstreet Credibility Corp scam - do not sign up for this service Malibu California

Got a solicitation email about how my company was in jeopardy because my account was incomplete.  I did sign up for a DUNS number for my non-profit organization, so I thought this had something to do with that.  I called the number given and was told that I needed to pay a $399 fee to complete my account.  I told this man that I was sure that DUNS numbers were free and that this was the first I heard about any fees.  He assured me that this was necessary.  Unfortuntately, I thought this was legit and I paid the money.

Afterwards, I spoke to some collagues and they assured me that this was an add-on service that I didn't need.  I called back to cancel and of course they made it as difficult as possible, but me on hold multiple times, transfereed me to different people, kept trying to talk me out of canceling, etc.

Total sleazebags.  Do not pay for what is free!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dun-and-Bradstreet-Credibility-Corp/Malibu-California-22761/Dun-and-Bradstreet-Credibility-Corp-scam-do-not-sign-up-for-this-service-Malibu-Califor-1069209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dun and Bradstreet Credibility Corp