Complaint Review: El Cid Vacation Club

• Updated: Sun, September 22, 2013

• Reported By: Chris — Sioux Falls South Dakota
El Cid Vacation Club
PO Box 881069 San Diego, California USA

El Cid Vacation Club APOssociated with Barkley's Bank and RCI Elite RewardsTimeshare Equity Service "Update" meeting was actually a four hour sales ambush! San Diego California

In March 2013, I traveled to Puerto Morelos, MX, with five friends using the membership I had purchased in Mazatlan in January 2012.  It was the only "all Inclusive" resort they had, so we used it.  The day before we were to leave, my fiance and I were required to attend an "Update" meeting to learn about new resorts and benefits.

The meeting actually turned into a four hour, high pressure sales ambush.  That is the only word I can use to describe the meeting.  Later that evening I discussed my "upgrade" with my friends and decided to recind the purchase. I wrote a letter, took a picture of it, and gave it to the counciere before leaving. Three of my friends watched me check out and five of them witnessed the letter.

When I checked on the status of my membership cancellation, I was told they had not received the letter. After many e-mails and phone calls, I sent them six notorized statements, as well at a copy of the letter.  I notified my credit card companies and my bank about the whole experience. The end of July I finally received a letter from the company that my contract had been canceled.

This whole ordeal has been a nightmare and I feel obligated to warn other consumers about their sales tactics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2013 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/El-Cid-Vacation-Club/San-Diego-California-92168-1069/El-Cid-Vacation-Club-APOssociated-with-Barkleys-Bank-and-RCI-Elite-RewardsTimeshare-Equi-1085824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on El Cid Vacation Club