Complaint Review: Elite puppies

• Updated: Wed, July 09, 2014

• Reported By: Kerry — Webster Massachusetts
Elite puppies
172 main st Webster, Massachusetts USA

Elite puppies Sold sick puppy with a respiratory infection that was supposedly already treated and cleared rude/insulting when confronted Webster Massachusetts

*Author of original report: found name of "usda" breeder

*Author of original report: more information on illegal actions

My boyfriend and I went in to buy a puppy. We fell in love with a border collie we call prince. Prince was being crated in the back for "supposedly" being able to jump out of the display boxes

We were told that prince saw a vet weekly and had had a respiratory infection that had been treated and cleared. We purchased him on a Friday. He was coughing and hacking all weekend so we brought him to the local vet clinic on Monday. He was rediagnosed with the infection and we were told that we should have received antibiotics when we purchased prince from Elite Puppies.

I went into Elite the next day and was told that prince had been cleared and that I should have brought prince back to them after the visit at the vet clinic and let them take prince and have their vet treat prince there and then he would be returned to us when he was better. They would not reimburse us for the medication because their vet didn't prescribe it and that its not uncommon for prince to have gotten sick again.

They cutely referred to it as kennel cough and said all I could do was get a note from the vet prince saw and return him within 48 hours of the visit. I was also told that it should have been common sense on my part to call them over the weekend if I was having an issue when they told me when I purchased prince that he had already been cleared by their vet and to bring him to a vet within 14 days. They never mentioned calling them with any problems before a vet visit.

I was extremely insulted that they basically implied that I lacked common sense. They refused to do anything but take prince back and denied having sold me a sick dog even though the vet clinic told us two days after we purchased prince that we should have been sent home with antibiotics for him.

I highly question the ethics of this company and just saw other similar complaints about Elite Puppies. I'm wondering how this company is still in business and we have no desire of returning prince to that hellhole.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2014 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elite-puppies/Webster-Massachusetts-01570/Elite-puppies-Sold-sick-puppy-with-a-respiratory-infection-that-was-supposedly-already-tr-1142815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elite puppies

found name of "usda" breeder

AUTHOR: Kerry - ()

I found out that the puppies being delivered to Elite are coming from a place called Q D Kennels out of Frankford MO.  I also found out that they have a usda class B meaning that they are basically puppybrokers selling stray and shelter dogs.  Now I ask why is Elite telling us that these dogs are purebred and top class????  If you look up in the Telegram and Gazette for 2009 you will find a very disturbing article on Elite Puppies and another kennel out of Oxford called Laughlin Kennels.  Please look into this information for me, i'm not giving up on this

more information on illegal actions

AUTHOR: Kerry - ()

I have reason to believe that Elite Puppies are receiving their dogs from puppy mills that are treating the dogs inhumanely.  Apparently because of the way the contracts are set up noone can touch these places.  Noone is allowed in the back rooms and I have a family member who has done work on a similar kennel, Laughlin Kennels in Oxford ma that said the conditions behind the seen are disgusting and inhabitable.  I am at a lose on how to precede.  Bothe Elite and Laughlin kennels were caught a few years back receiving puppy mill dogs in a yellow boxtruck.  They were crated on top of each other in 90 degree weather with no AC.  There is news reports about the incident.  The kennels were shut down for a time, but then were reopened and it is my belief that they are still practicing these same illegal tactics.  I also believe that when they say they have a vet check the dogs each week that either this is a lie or they are paying the vet to do whatever possible to have the dogs even if that means lying on the paperwork.  I need help with the next step in this.  Im deeply concerned and disgusted by these practices and any help you could offer me would be extremely beneficial.