Complaint Review: EMS Limited - AAA Testers

• Submitted: Wed, August 27, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 13, 2009

• Reported By:Buffalo New York
EMS Limited - AAA Testers
11900 Reeck Rd. Southgate, Michigan U.S.A.

EMS Limited - AAA Testers Sent defective unit back for evaluation. They won't return phone calls Southgate Michigan

*Author of original report: AAA Testers

I ordered this piece of test equipment and received it July 14, 2008. It originally functioned properly. It developed a problem that I tried to troubleshoot at my expense by ordering a new PC interface card, but it didn't solve the problem.

I contacted the company August 2, 2008 about the problem and sent the unit back August 14, 2008 after waiting for the new interface card. The original contact was within the 30 day warranty period.

After hearing nothing after the stated 48 hours, I contacted the company by e-mail and by phone at least THREE different times, but no one returned my calls.

I contacted the manufacture of the product and was told the symptoms I described are non repairable. AAA Testers did have another unit that is similar to this for sale they could exchange this for, but I'm sure they don't want to do this.

It's obvious there is a problem, they are hiding something. I tried to look up EMS Limited and AAA Testers in many directories, but other than the AAA Testers website, I could find no business listing for either company name in Michigan or Ohio.

I am requesting a refund of the EMS Limited' charge on 7/9/08 of $723.22 plus a additional $11 for return shipping since I'm convinced this can't be repaired and they won't send me this other unit assuming they still have it.

Videobruce
Buffalo, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2008 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EMS-Limited-AAA-Testers/Southgate-Michigan-48195/EMS-Limited-AAA-Testers-Sent-defective-unit-back-for-evaluation-They-wont-return-phone-367356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EMS Limited - AAA Testers

AAA Testers

AUTHOR: Videobruce - (U.S.A.)

Only after contacting the credit card company (VISA) and the Ohio State Attorney Generals Office, I finally received by money back after weeks more of waiting.

Their 25% restocking fee is outrageous and just completely unfair. One rarely has the opportunity to 'test drive' equipment as this before the purchase and while I can understand a 'restocking' fee, 25% is what a markup percentage would be, not what it costs to confirm the unit is working as intended.