Complaint Review: Enterprise Rent a car Lawndale

Enterprise Rent a car Lawndale
15312 Hawthorne blvd Lawndale, California USA

Enterprise Rent a car Lawndale Bait and Switch Scam & Lie Lawndale California

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to help

I called this local branch 30 minutes prior to tell them I was dropping my car off at a body shop and would need a midsize rental car and asked what type they had available.  They gave me 3 options.    I called 10 minutes before to tell them that the body shop would drive me in and they wouldn't need to pick me up.

When I arrive I did the paper work and then sat and waiting about 30 minutes before I asked what is taking so long.  They said, "We dont have any cars and are trying to get one for you.  Actually all we have is a Tahoe and you need a midsize".  After another 30 minutes they said they would take me 5 miles down then road (away from my home) to get the car.    They knew I needed to get my kids at school and said there would be no problem.

So they take me to the new location and offer me one of two cars.   Both were SUV's.   I thought that it was an upgrade because of the inconvenience and they have no cars there too.   No....they said I had to pay the higher price ($25 to $40 upsale).  Now I was stuck 8 miles from home with 10 minutes to get my kids.    The process took 1 hr 45 min. which should be reasonable since I called in advance.    The lady said, "well we just wanted to get you in a car".   I was so mad, but I had to get out of there and pick up my kids/carpool.   How could they take me somewhere to get my car when it was a much more expensive car?

I called when I arrived home and asked them to bring me a midsize car when then get it.  (I live 2 miles from them)  They said they couldn't and that I could come in Monday to see if they had something.  Like I really trust them now.

It isn't a money issue because the insurance company should pick up the fee.  This is an unethical practice and left me with very little respect for Enterprise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2013 06:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Enterprise-Rent-a-car-Lawndale/Lawndale-California-90260/Enterprise-Rent-a-car-Lawndale-Bait-and-Switch-Scam-Lie-Lawndale-California-1086245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Enterprise Rent a car Lawndale

We would like to help

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at care@enterprise.com with complete details, including the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this concern

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130922-000772 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,